How would you make a movie based off of your favorite Nintendo franchise?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ROTF100694, Nov 22, 2009.

1. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

Ex:Metroid
    Director: John Woo
    Story: A mix of the Metroid Magna, the first game, and Return of Samus. With Super Metroid being the sequel.

2. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    fixed

3. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

I wouldn't. Ocarina of Time is perfect the way it is.

4. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

That's very close to what I would go for.

I wouldnt use John Woo as a director though, he's good for action movies but I don't think Metroid should be viewed as straght up action, hear me out. :) 

I dunno who I would go for as a director but I would want somebody who is experienced with horror. If you notice the scenery in Metroid, that shit is pretty fucken creepy. Bodies are scattered all over the place, power is mostly out, Samus is just trying to peice together the mystery of what happened and things lurk in the dark. Usually it's some wild life that's just taking advantage of the chaos but THEN A MOTHER FUCKEN METROID ATTACKS, OR A MOTHER FUCKEN PARASITE QUEEN COMES OUT! Ayeeeee!

As for how the story goes, I would follow along something close to Metroid Zero on the GBA. The game is basically a remake of the first Metroid game, but as you play through Samus' first journey, you are also experiencing her orgin story. I'm finding it hard to explain but basically, I wouldnt want the movie to be about Samus' orgin but during the course of the story, you learn of her orgin.

6. ROTF100694

ROTF100694 Well-Known Member

Agreed I only used John Woo because he was linked to direct the film but for the actual film I would want RIDLEY Scott seeing as how Metroid pays homage to Alien a lot.