How would you like TF3 DOTM to Start?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cliff_prime, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

How would you like TF3 DOTM to Start?

I like the idea of a opening scene of the ark vs nemesis, an epic freaking battle between Ultra magnus and Shockwave , maybe have Shockwave explain about the dark of the moon (whatever that is)

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    With Erector.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    The space scene which we saw in the teaser, and then a flashback of the Nemesis/Ark later on.

4. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    The great Optimus Prime speech

5. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Personally, I would like a scene on Earth where a new Decepticon destroys an entire city. Massive death rate and lots of damage. I don't think that would happen so I would be happy with the Moon scene :D .

6. Ibrahim70

Ibrahim70 Well-Known Member

Wasnt there a posting on this site last month from a guy who had been interviewing Michael Bay and then Bay showed him the opening sequence to DOTM?

Giant spaceships like UFO's destroying an American city, then Decepticons jump out of the spaceships and further kill and destroy?

Or did I dream that?

7. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

nah you dreamed it,

i think that DOTM should start sort of like ROTF, with an Optimus Prime speech while looking at the moon part, and/or Shockwave

8. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Like the other two, it should begin (and end) with a speech by Optimus Prime (unless he is killed, fingers crossed...).

9. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

[Setting Moon] Shockwave talking with Megatron about his failures ,Now Shockwave/Starscream will have to take over. (Shockwave/Starscream beats on Megatron which makes him flees to earth and reformats....and finds Barricade with 2 other drone cop decepticons)

10. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    imokaywiththis.jpg

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, how I want Dark of the Moon to start is most likely (in the most basic formula) how it will start*. That is, unless, Bay changes his motif, which I doubt. :)  Following the same pattern(s) that the first two films have set up, the opening of the film will probably end up like this:

1.) Dreamworks and Paramount logos, with corresponding alien/transform-y noises
    2.) Begin with an opening flashback (like the AllSpark in space or The Primes on Earth in 17,000 B.C.) narrated by Optimus, providing the essential background information of the movie. This could be the sequence depicted in the announcement trailer, or it might be back on Cybertron and setting up Shockwave, or it could be with JFK in the 1960's with agents telling him that something is on the moon, they have to get their first, etc.. and thus, setting up the Space Race.
    3.) Then, once we transition to the present day, there will be some set up, but mostly open with a big 5-10 minute action sequence, just to get the blood pumping (Blackout attacking the Qatar base, NEST in Shanghai). This could be the proposed Decepticon invasion, or maybe The Drones assassination attempt. Maybe it'll be another "Autobots vs. the Decepticon stragglers"-thing again? Either way, it'd be a great way to introduce new Transformers characters. We'll probably also get a big "in-your-face" transformation of one of the characters (like Blackout in Qatar, Ironhide in Shanghai). Hopefully it'll be a different character/one that usually doesn't get the spotlight. I'd love to see an 'up close and personal' transformation like this for Ratchet, Starscream, Soundwave. Heck maybe even a new character's transformation. Ooh! I'd be okay with the 'big opening transformation' being Shockwave on Cybertron. And of course a big "in-your-face" transformation for Optimus as per usual. ;) 
    4.) Then after the battle, things will calm down and we'll be introduced to the main concept of the movie.

At least, that's how I think/want it to open.

*Let it be noted that I have nothing against the modus operandi of Bay for the structure of these movies. I'm not trying to say that his movies are predictable (even if some aspects might be). In fact, I really, really enjoy the whole "Optimus' opening and closing narration, opening flashback to provide backstory and closing narration against sunset"-thing. It adds some consistency between movies, it's a nice little icon that people can talk about and stuff like that. And it'd be nice for Bay to continue that pattern with the third and final film. :)  Can't wait to see what we're given.

12. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Who says the gold bot is Ultra Magnus? It is rumored that the firetruck will be Ultra Magnus, but we still don't know if the gold bot and the firetruck are the same. The gold bot might not even have an earth mode and be entirely in CGI.

13. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Sam is having his happy time at home when Bumblebee suddenly peaks from the window and informs Sam the Autobots need the help of Sam again.

14. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

15. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Barricade becoming prowl....

16. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

I do, I 100% fucking sure that has to be Ultra Magnus, it has to be.

17. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly.

18. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

I'm pretty sure it's not. Ultra Magnus might be in it, he might not (I hope he is). But I very much doubt Ultra Magnus is that gold fellow.

19. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Thanks for the sad news other than I could say sentinel prime but we will find out at the toy fair or next trailer.

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    With a gangbang, or a brutal execution of Autobot prisoners, preferably Ultra Magnus (not necessarily the gold guy) being one of them.