How would you have done it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by protocida, Jul 6, 2009.

1. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you had complete criative control over Transformers 2, being agle to pick the humans, the Autobots, the Decepticons, the story, the settings, the vehicles, the action scenes and etc (Basicly, EVERYTHING)...

How would you have done the movie?

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    No Fallen. No military. No Megan Fox. No Leo. No parents making stupid jokes.

Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Ironhide, Prowl, Bumblebee, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Hound, Grimlock (maybe the others), Trailbreaker, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus, Star Saber, Blaster, Kup, Wheeljack, Perceptor, Jetfire that looked like Jetfire of some incarnation...

Megatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, Ramjet, Soundwave, Ravage and other Soundwave tapes in some form, Stunticons, Combaticons, Devastator that looked like Devastator....

War scenes on both Cybertron and Earth.

Simple.

3. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I would've gone over budget, over schedule, and been fired because I don't know how to write/direct/market and integrate a movie into a large toy franchise.

But if we're ok with me ensuring that there's never another sequal, and irreparably damaging the profitability of our beloved hobby...

I would try to have some emotional theme go through out the movie. Chosen more dialog scenes with the transformers. Probably tried to make Megatron the villain again, and not the fallen. Chosen more g1 esque characters to join the cast. Probably more an x-men theme type, where humanity is trying to get rid of all transformers, (which will just lead to decepticon rule, but hey, humans are dumb).

4. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, that doesn't sound overcrowded at all, hehe...

5. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

This is how I'd attempt to "fix" things, if I had my druthers I'd just scrap the whole thing :eek: 

I'd focus more on the NEST partnership w/ the autobots, progress it slowly with the tension that higher ups want the partnership dissolved and the autobots to leave.

Drag out the Sam/Alice thing a LOT longer and Alice isn't revealed as a pretender until a lot later.

Decepticon activity happens more and more frequently and finally they bring back megatron and the 'cons are now in search of energy.

That's just off the cuff a few things I'd want to see. I could DEFINITELY do without the Fallen and the sun destroyer and all of the magic mumbo jumbo.

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Ever watched the first episode of the series? :p 

7. iconscons

And I thought I would go over budget! I'm fairly certain ILM would stop processing your images about 1/4 of the way through when you couldn't afford to pay them anymore.

This is why I encourage paramount to not listen to the fan base at all. You might as well ask a 4 year old to do groceries, and then have 10 bags full of icecream come home.

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    If the movie was entirely CG, this wouldn't be a problem.

But you're right, don't listen to the fans, of course not. Make the movie for everyone else.

You do like LIKE Transformers, right?

9. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

I don't think you could be more wrong, that is EXACTLY what we got from bay, a 4 year old shopping and coming home with nothing but ice cream. How much money did he flat out WASTE on Devastator considering how absolutely pointless and uninteresting he was???

In general he's wasted so much of the CGI resources on needlessly complex robot designs. I'm not saying simplify it to G1, but there has to be a happy, economical medium where we could get a LOT more CG bang for our bucks.

10. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Change the humor, remove the fallen and the sun harvester, bring someone else as the main villain, maybe starsream, soundwave or shochwave and making the whole plot about bringing megatron back to life.

11. iconscons

Yes I do like transformers. I also like movies to keep coming. You know what we got? Something wildly successful, ensuring the continuation of the movie franchise.

Bay can back up his choices with the millions they make. You can back up your choices with nothing. You're armchair quarterbacks. You cannot back up that your choices will work except for more of your own talk. Make a couple of million, then act like you know something.

you won't though. You'll just keep running your mouth hoping it'll fool people into thinking you know something about success that monstrously successful companies/directors don't.

maybe you should tell walmart how to improve their business while you're at it.

12. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

this is how i would have done it, im almost positive most of you would have enjoyed my version just as much or possibly even better than what we got:

i originally wrote this in 2007 after the first movie came out

13. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

But how are they going to get Optimus Prime and Megatron on The Tonight Show for interviews to plug the movie? I really do not see them getting along on that or The David Letterman Show.

As much as we all would love that it will never happen. It would do about as good as Beowulf and then no more Transformers.

QFT

14. Bulkhide

Bulkhide Bulkhead + Ironhide

While I agree with ya, you're a little "kill 'em all"... LOL.
    How about back on topic...

I would have made these changes:
    1.) The major Decepticon story involves Soundwave & the Constructicons working to revive Megatron (who comes back at the very end, all badass). Starscream and his crew (whoever that would be) working to get revenge for the defeat from the first movie and the destruction of the Allspark. Starscream's group would also be at odds abotu what Soundwave is mysteriously doing on Earth.

2.) More "down time" moments with the Autobots talking and more scenes of the Autobots working with NEST to hunt down multiple Decepticons on Earth (members of Starscream's crew). Maybe a scene of Vortex or Ramjet being hunted down and defeated by a coordinated effort between Lennox & Epps and Ironhide, Sideswipe, & Arcee.

3.) No Fallen, No Sun Harvester, No Pretender Alice.

4.) Barricade returning and having a major rematch with Bumblebee in which Barricade wins, only to be taken out by Sideswipe and Arcee working together to save Bee.

5.) Final Battle - Devastator being formed as the main threat to slow the Autobots down as Megatron is being revived. After Devastator's defeat, then Megatron rises back up...ending with a cliffhanger of Prime, Bots, & NEST seeing Megatron surrounded by his loyal followers: Soundwave, Ravage, and a couple other minor 'Cons.

15. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I would have the following; sorry for the long list.....

Autobots (12)
    Optimus Prime (don't die)
    Bumblebee (maybe get critically injured or killed from Soundwave)
    Ironhide (more screentime; team up with Sideswipe and Chromia)
    Ratchet (more screentime)
    Jazz (I know, I know, he's dead but Megatron got resurrected; why not him?)
    Chromia (more screentime)
    Sideswipe (more screentime)
    Jolt (team up with Ratchet throughout the movie)
    Skids and Mudflap (make them more serious but still maintain a little bit of humor)
    Wheeljack (new addition, team up with Ratchet and Jolt, lot of screentime)
    Rodimus (minor addition but still a few lines; team up with Optimus)

Decepticons (10)
    Megatron
    Starscream
    Soundwave (come to Earth, get revenge on Bumblebee; team up with Megatron throughout the movie)
    Shockwave (kind of a ROTF Soundwave role; stays on Cybertron like in G1 but contacts Megatron a bit)
    Barricade (does a lot of spying but finally fights Bumblebee later on)
    Thundercracker (teams up with Starscream and Skywarp; follows them wherever they go)
    Skywarp (same role as Thundercracker ^)
    Lazerbeak
    Ratbat
    Rumble

Humans
    Sam Witwicky
    Ron and Judy Witwicky (tone down their humor)
    Simmons (GOTTA have him!)
    Leo (tone him down a bit)
    Epps
    Lennox

*Get...rid of...Mikaela. I fucking hate romances in movies and she can't act worth shit.

*Autobts outnumber Decepticons this time since they got their moment of fame in ROTF; less characters equals more characterization of course and that's what I want to see. Sure, ROTF was the best movie I've ever seen but I feel like I've had enough of action-only scenes. I want to see Transformers discuss plans, etc., like how the Autobots had their meeting at the Hoover Dam in the first one. More scenes like that, accomponied with lots of action, would make TF3 the best movie I will ever lay my eyes on.

16. iconscons

Yeah, you're right. Sorry. Frustration boiling over.

When trying to come up with "my own version" I'm faced with the problem that I don't know the limitations/restrictions/complications/costs of the job/s, and then getting Paramount/Director/Writers/Hasbro/ILM all on the (relatively) same page. People make suggestions whether they really know if they're possible given all that junk, or if it would actually result in more success.

On Topic: Less shakey cam seems a safe bet. Personally I'd prefer less of the humor, but acknowledge it probably improves its popularity.

17. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I would probably keep some of it, and change the rest. I would have brought back Barricade. I would have had Devastator crush the Twins. The Arcee Triplets would have been Kaputt! I would find some way to resurrect Jazz and the rest from the 1st movie that died. Soundwave would come to Earth.

I basically would have made it more of a Decepticon victory. Of course, I would have the sun harvester destroyed, or there wouldn't be a third movie. I personally liked the Fallen, and would have had him lay waste to the Autobots, as he should have. I would have taken out "Only a Prime can Kill me", that being said, I liked the idea of Megs being offered a Prime. Optimus would be critically wounded by the Fallen (not dead, but not healed by the end) but would tell Megs Primes are born. Then Megs would turn on the Fallen, Kill him (I like Megs way more than the fallen), and Prove he should lead the Decepticons.

I definitely would have taken some of the unnecessary humor out. I would probably leave out NEST and the military. Mainly Autobot vs Decepticons. Shanghai would be left out, and Sideways and Demolisher would appear later on.

There would be some other changes, but I would try to fix some of the things the critics hate.

18. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    And you polish Michael Bay's jock from your armchair. We want things one way, you like it the way it is. Good for you. It's not as though I've been offered a directing job, nor have you. This is a "What would you do different" thread. You can stop writing up your budget, since none of us are actually doing it.

19. iconscons

And there's a reason. Except I'm sensible enough to know that. You're too arrogant.

20. F-22Starscream

F-22Starscream Well-Known Member

I wouldnt have changed much at all.

I would kept the Fallen and his story.

The whole thing with the air craft carrier should be the scen when they resurrect Megatron. The Mikromaster bot ravage used I would have dumped and instead use ravage to get the alspark shard.

I would dump alice and replace her with barricade and Ravage. I would have dumped Jolt too because he was pretty useless. I would have shown that they revive Blackout and use parts of Brawl to rebuild megatron.

The Decepticon protoforms would also be abandoned from my movie. Instead i would have given the autobots and some of the Constructicons more screen time.

And last but not least. let fallen expose the harvester and fight Super Optimotherf*****ing Prime together with Megatron and the other Autobots fight Devastator and help prime after this.