How would you guys buy new toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ComicGuy89, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Say the toy that you absolutely must get is out, but not at your local stores. Would you:

1) Wait in hope that the store will start packing the toy and that you'll beat the scalper to it.

2) Buy it online! I can't wait any longer, or I'll lose the product!

3) Wait for it to go on sales.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Buy it online. I don't have time to worry or check a store every day. Unless it's going to be a well-stocked mainstream release that will be everywhere.

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Long Haul was out in the eastern part of my state for 2 months. I waited and waited. After wasting enough gas, I ordered it off of HTS. This will probably be the way I get Bludgeon and the rest of my ROTF purchases.

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    regular release, wait for brick and mortar store to get it in.....exclusive or i know will be hard to find.....HTS or other online shop...............never wait for it to go on sale, unless im 100% sure it will be there and only if then, the sale is really really soon

5. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I might wait a little while but if it starts to look my local stores aren't going to carry it I'd give in and buy it online.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If its something I'm uncertain how popular it will be, I'll preorder and buy off BBTS.

Other than that, I'm pretty much a stalk wal-mart, target and TRU constantly from the day its posted "available at retail" here on TFW until I gets it!

7. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I was and still am waiting for Premiums. It's worked in one way. When the Leader sales were on last month I got Jetfire for $35.00 and Prime and Megs for $26.99 each. Long Haul I got for 19.98 and Sideways yesterday for $10.00. Unfortunately, I can't find Sideswipe so it back fired on me that way. He can still be found on HTS and Amazon, but he costs a lot. I'm keeping them all in package and the receipts for 3 months in case news of premiums comes out.

You may want to buy now and keep them in package with receipts in case they fall in price or you get a better deal!

8. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Hi, thanks for your responses. Forgive me, but what is HTS?

9. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hasbro toy shop :) 

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
  11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I live in the UK. I'd do what I usually do anyway and go on eBay. Or go to Kapow.

Or ask Silas to pick it up for me. ;) 

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Hasbrotoyshop.com.

On the topic, my OCD gets to me and I usually try to track stuff down as soon as it comes out, although I am getting better at it. I don't worry about the retail stuff anymore, cause they seem to get plenty, but I still stalk the stores for the exclusives or order them online when they come up. I have shifted a lot more to the online retailers just because I have finally gotten sick of the hunt, and it is just so much more convenient (especially during Christmas shopping season).

Best way right now is to network with local boardies. We have a damn good network that covers damn near every store from Olympia, WA to Seattle, WA (about 60 miles of I-5), and the network has helped me out more than once. IMO it is the best way to get the loot (and meet some damn good people). Just have to make sure you are helping out on your end.

13. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    My goodness, I didn't think that Hasbro sells toys by themselves. Fantastic! I'll have to try preordering next time.

14. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have only ever ordered three figures online: Animated Wreck-Gar and Ultra Magnus, and Titanium The Fallen. And of those three, Wreck-Gar was the only one I really wanted to get. I could have waited for Ultra Magnus (only got him online cause my mom offered to do so) and with Titanium The Fallen, there was just no way I was going to find him otherwise since it was past the time he was in stores.

I prefer to look in stores for the figures I want rather than going online because I enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Plus, it gives me something to do when I'm bored. And I'm bored a lot. :D 

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'd get it online. That's how I got Predacon Bruticus and a lot of Real Gears.

16. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

If I can't find it in the stores, then it's definitely buying it online.

Of course, just recently I had my card information stolen when I bought figures off of a site that I thought was secure, so now if I am ever able to make a purchase online, I'll have to resort to using PayPal.

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    95% of what I buy is not domestic, so, online.

18. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    It depends on if it can still be found at brick and mortar stores. If not, it's off to the Junkion Exchange.

19. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I almost never buy anything online if it's going to be or is avaible at retail. I've never really had a time where a figure was so popular that I couldn't find it at retail

20. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    I am fortunate that there are so many TF fans where I live. If I cannot find it myself, one of them is sure to find and will pick one up one for me, and I try to reciprocate when I can.