How would you feel if the films were rebooted?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OP84, Dec 22, 2011.

1. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Now we all know that Transformers 4 and 5 are coming wether we like it or not, but I am a huge fan of the films, considering they are what got me into Transformers in the first place, and despite liking all three films (Yes, even ROTF.) I feel they should give this series a rest. Now don't get me wrong, I really do like the films, but there is even greater a risk continuing on and repeating the same things over again than there is with a reboot. Now I would personally allow for equal screentime for both bots/cons and humans in the case of a reboot but that's beside the point. How would you feel if Paramount/DreamWorks (If they are at all involved at all with the film since they have a distribution deal with Disney.) decided to take a risk and reboot the franchise in the near future, like say, 4 to 6 years, with a completely new cast and director? And if so, what would your story be and who would you cast, along with a director for the film? (My picks for a director are Justin Lin, Marc Webb, and Jon Chu)

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i would be happy!, i love the bay movies, But DOTM needs to be the permament end of bayformers

if TF4 and 5 are cancelled and we get a reboot i am happy!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'd be interested.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'd like 4 & 5 (should they happen) to be a continuation, because with all they've done and the characters they've killed off, we're in more uncharted territory. I know some people like TF to always be instantly recognizable and basically the same stories repeated over and over, but a continuation from DotM has the potential to go different directions than we've had in the past.

A reboot is going to take us back to the beginning AGAIN. It will tell the first story of people meeting the Transformers AGAIN. Prime versus Megatron AGAIN. Even if they do it better, it will still be essentially the same stuff.

5. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Havent been going thru the same thing those 27 years?

6. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

You present an interesting concept. I would love a reboot to see someone else's vision, but I like your take on this. :) 

7. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Agreed. The Transformers franchise itself has been rebooted almost every few years. For example, Animated lasted only a year and a half and then we got Prime a year after Animated ended, ONE YEAR! A reboot could have the potential to be even better than the first three combined.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Relieved. Rescue Bots: The Movie, GO!

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Thiiiiiis ^.

Why do you people obsess over constant regurgitation? Let the story actually advance for god's sake.

10. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I know most people couldn't care less, but here's my ideas for a reboot: I feel that they should take Sam/Spike and bring him back to high school but have it be before he's even legally able to drive (like in the original G1 cartoon) so that basically, you have Ron/Sparkplug buy him the car early on before he gets his license and that one day, he tries to go for a spin in Bee but then he's taken in to meet N.E.S.T. and the Autobots. I would definitely bring back most of the humans from the first trilogy (like Lennox and Epps) but have N.E.S.T. already established and that the Autobots are already here. Even some smaller humans from the films could be used (like Maggie, Glen, Keller, and the douche that Mikaela dated at the pool party). I'd definitely bring back Leo and his tech dudes for some comic relief (they'd be Spike's friends in school) and also maybe bring in Chip Chase who'd also be a conspiracy theorist much like Leo but more clear headed. Sector Seven was also something interesting that I'd like back too. But the thing is that all of these organizations and units have already been associated with the TFs by this time so it's not like we're repeating the whole Hoover Dam thing again.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That is my point. Thank you.

12. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, just make it better...

13. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be too opposed to a reboot. The only things I would miss from the movies are the aesthetics and the cool toys that come from it. But all things have to come to an end, I suppose. A continuation would be great IMO, as that would mean more of the toys. However, I would gladly welcome a reboot of the movies, just as I welcomed Animated and Prime. I dunno; I'm pretty neutral on the whole affair.

14. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Well, I would actually think that they could easily keep the movie aesthetic for a reboot, just using different vehicle forms.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I wouldn't mind if the films were rebooted. In fact, I would welcome a reboot over a TF4.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Because some want change. IF we get TF4 made by Micheal Bay and Steven Spielberg, I won't ever watch it. The movies are poorly done and are the regurgitation that I wonder why people obsess over. They lack depth and soul and are just giant CGI battles which would be great if it wasn't for the Decepticons getting treated like shit and ruining the battles by getting their asses kicked.

Personally I would only watch more films if they get rebooted.

17. kaiserlisk

News Credits:
    I suppose they could, but what they did in later franchises was incorporate movie designs into new ones; however, they've been giving homage like that since after G1, so I can't really complain.

If they were to do a reboot with a different director, said director would want to avoid complaints by the audience of being a rip-off artist with the designs; therefore, he would change it up a bit(or a lot) like what Bay&co. did.

18. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    the way i read it, i thought u meant u dont liek the idea of reboots cuase we have to start all over again, but i am telling u that we have been getting reboots thsoe 27 years.

19. kaiserlisk

News Credits:
    I think he's saying the idea of reboots and what they usually entail in the Transformers franchise is overdone and has been for quite a while.

20. RyLegacy

RyLegacy Well-Known Member

I support anything they do. I'll go see it. My personal preference is a continuation, tho. I love the design of the Tformers in this series, much more realistic and alien looking. Never was a fan of the liquid metal mouths anyway (don't hate it, just not my favorite design). I love Bumblebee in this series and Optimus, but someone needs to sedate the big semi once in a while.

And even tho the major Decepticon High Command is "gone" (I can easily think of a way to bring back Starscream and Shockwave, their injuries were not that severe and are fixable) this would give us a chance to dig deeper into the mythos of the franchise. Bring in characters like Straxus, Scourge, Cyclonus, Jhiaxus, Nova Prime (from the IDW version), Alpha Trion, Omega Supreme, the Quintessons and so on. There would be enough mythos and character for two or three more movies.

Even tho I seem biased in support of a continuation trilogy, I'd openly welcome whatever they decide to do.