How would you do humans in Transformers stories correctly?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Nov 10, 2011.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I know this is getting old about the human's role in the franchise. But I'm wondering since all of you voiced your opinons about the humans how would you personaly have the human's role in the stories be? Will you have them have big roles, minor roles or no roles at all? Myself I would have them be important in the story but not too big to overshadow the robots.So what are your thoughts?

2. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Furman started things out right in the early days of IDW, but then they screwed it all up.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    What I would really like to introduce is a human-Decepticon alliance, where the human partners are treated as equals/valuable team players. Think Masterforce.

4. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That might happen in season 2 of Transformers Prime with Starscream with Mech but I might be wrong. It kind of happen with Dylan Gould with Soundwave with DOTM sort of.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    NEST and Mech. Having the humans and Autobots allies makes sense and leads to cool places to me. I would want the focus on the Autobots obviously but a group of human regulars wouldn't upset me.

6. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    MECH is a good example on the villain side.

Good humans should probably be soldiers or police officers. It would make them surviving in hostile situations less implausible and also give them greater potential to do something useful.

7. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    These sound like good ideas but i would like to keep uneasiness between human and tf's for a while but there would be some who are more accepting probably in the lines of:
    -a wise old man (think human Alpha Trion)
    -A kid (think animated sari)
    -A teen rebel (think smarter version of Prime Miko)
    -An eccentric traveller (think human version of The Doctor from Doctor Who without the time machine and regenitive abilities)

8. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    I would like to see Transformers vaporize those little fleshy viruses. Like in Dark of the Moon that is why it was awesome. You know the older the franchise gets the younger the kids are and annoying as well. It would be nice to have a series with out them, like during Beast Wars and Beast Machines. Yes I know Beast Wars had humans in season 3 but they were monkey people and only played a small role. Hell even Transformers War of Cybertron was awesome, no blasted Humans.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Having humans involved in military roles or villain roles (MECH) is the route I would go. I don't mind the story being focused, if you will, on a human discovering the Transformers race, but I definitely want to see more military action from the human race.

10. Thundercrackers

Thundercrackers Cybertonian Scholar

Background characters, if there are main character humans they should either be head/ target/power masters, or be pretender techno organic hybrids like Sari was. That keeps the focus on the TF's. I can tolerate 'sidekick' humans who don't get in the way, Like G1 spike or the 'Prime' kids.

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The best way, I think, would be to ally the Autobots with humans who would realistically have some reason to interact with them. The human military, police and emergency services are the obvious ones, but it would also be interesting to see them exchange information with various scientists and political leaders. In the case of the Decepticons, while they are usually portrayed as "RARGH, let's kill all the humans", it would make sense for them to seek out allies in human militaries and positions of power as well. One thing I'd like to see, since the Autobots are usually aligned with America, would be to have the Decepticons make an alliance with a power opposed to the US. Then, deal with the geopolitical implications and what happens when the US-aligned Autobots go after the Decepticons and [Decepticon-aligned country] declares war on the United States as a result.

Based on ages at the start of their respective series, Jack (16) and Miko (15) are both older than all three of the main Armada kids (12, 12, 11), all three of the main Cybertron kids (13, 11, 14) and G1 Spike Witwicky (14). So most of the kids are actually getting older as the franchise progresses.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Make them like Kelly in RID. Their lives are impacted daily by Transformers in some way but they're never actually involved in the details of the TF war.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Main Humans:

Good guy Army Force like NEST

A soldier, his younger sister (a technology fanatic,) and her friend (son of a energy mogul)

And a Conspracy theorist (either a news reporter or a teacher)

Bad guy humans:

Crazy Soviet rebel faction leader hoping to become the "Czar" of the world with Decepticon technology

Evil rich guy (Porter C.Powell/Dylan Gould)

Mad Scientist (Dr.Arkeville)

2nd in Command much like Silas.

14. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^This. And if they must be used, they are better as villains, IMO. The way the villain humans have been used in "Prime" so far has been really good.

15. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

*squish*

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Similar to the way TFP does them or no humans at all.

Or how the movie does it excluding the Sam and his love interest bullshit. Just have it focus on the military.

17. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

The best way to go with human roles in a Transformers story is to have a few major characters on each side. The villains can have a small army that works with the Decepticons who plan to double cross them. The main human heroes can be soldiers of some sort or they can start off as teenagers in the origin story.

18. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    You know this thread is about what kind of role humans should have, not about ways to kill them all right?:crazy: 

19. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Utility worker a.k.a Spike Witwicky is the way to go. The Pigs and the government pawns known as "soldiers" and "police" don't even have common sense anymore these days. Keep them out of Transformers unless their being used for cannon fodder.

20. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Would like to see a biker gang rolling around with the Stunticons! Maybe even some Dreadnok types with Stunticons or with someone like Runamuck/Runabout.