How would you continue the Animated story?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Excelsior Prime, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

Two questions, really:

1-How would you continue the story? Since more episodes are sadly out of the picture, what would you use? Comics? Fanfic? Novels, even?

2-Where would you continue the story? Cybertron and Earth? Just Cybertron? Just Earth? Somewhere else?

I'd love to see IDW get the greenlight for Transformers Animated: The Continuing Aventures or some such. I'd want the show's writers involved if possible, and I'd have two main settings: Earth, which now has a contingent of Autobots living there as protectors (among other visitors curious about organics) and Cybertron, where we see what happens to Cybertron after the arrest of Megatron and some of the other Decepticons.

I'd want the Earth Team to consist of Jazz, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead, with maybe Rodimus as the commander of the group. This would also be a cool time to introduce other G1 characters into TF:A.

And with the uncaptured Decepticons running amok, it would be good to see someone emerge to lead them: TF:A Galvatron could be cool to see.

Any thoughts?

Prime

2. Excelsior Prime

So...all the people who loved/still love Animated have left the boards?

Wow.

-Prime

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Give it time. Some people will respond quickly, some people don't.

Hmm, how'd I have continued the Animated story? Toughie... may I get back to you on that one. I'm notorious at thinking up stories.

4. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I'm currently writing my own continuation of Transformers Animated (which can be viewed over in Fan Fiction) but officially, since they won't do it in a televised format anymore (which is complete BS) I would love to see it continue in the form of comic book series with art done by Boo. As far as the story itself goes, I'd like every unanswered question remaining at the end of Season 3 to be answered. I'd want more movie characters like Barricade, the Fallen, Sideswipe, the Twins, etc. I'd also like to see the characters that were either cut from the show for time, drawn by Derrick J. Wyatt but were never used, and characters that he said he personally would have wanted to appear on the show like Reflector, Kickback, Mirage, Bludgeon, and Deathsaurus. In all honesty, I can deal with the show ending, but what really bugs me more than anything is that Sari's story was never fully explored by the end of the series. Needless to say, I would want Sari to be focused on a little more, should a comic book series or otherwise come to pass.

5. Hightech94

Hightech94 Another Merc with a mourh

ohh i Have 1 or 2 ideas

How about...

Nemisis- The decepticons built a new weapon to destroy Optimus Prime his name is Nemesis Prime

Strike of the Strika-Team Charr comes to earth and boy do they mean buisness those guys will rip up anything to get to the space bridge

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got a bit of an idea for a season 4 myself. I'd carry it on as a series of fanfics, written in the style of scripts.

Funny what you said about including characters, SoundFire Prime - I have ideas for using Barricade, I think he is a great character and would work in TFA (especially given he seems to be the perfect infiltrator / Decepticon espionage, and there's a very obvious spot to throw in a character like that). Fallen is a character I'd love to work in as well and I've basically reserved him a spot labeled "the grand big bad behind all the little coincidences (except two)". Didn't know about Derrick Wyatt's wishlist either, except I've got three out of four of them figured.

I ought to get back to working on that when I get some more downtime. It's not easy to do by any means.

Ultimately though I see the Animated story as continuing and escalating in epicness, until we get to The Fallen and the other ancients - the story would continue to take in Earth and Cybertron, but would begin to touch on other places too. I'd eventually show the Decepticon's residence-in-exile, the place where the container of the Allspark was forged, and delve into just what the Allspark is and the origins of the main Decepticons (since the Autobot histories were well represented).

7. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i would hire barney the dinosaur...have him run around the screen for random moments in each show with prime chasing him with his axe and megatron chasing prime around...like the tom and jerry cartoon used to do....

seriously...i would not continue the animated story...time for a new series....

8. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Some bad-ass Decepticons come and spring Megatron from imprisonment and there's a big ol' war on Cybertron. Lots of classic characters are thrown into the mix like before.

9. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Oh, thanks trolls. we really value your on-topic input on this. great to hear from you, as always.

11. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You tell em, Valkysas!

Anyway, I wouldn't include Scorponok...or...Vector Prime...or any of those new characters I have seen in Season 4 fanfics.

I would just wrap up loose ends...I guess.

One episode could be about TC and Warp FINALLY getting back to Earth, having some great dialogue and eventually getting captured...Slipstream could join the fight too.

EDIT: Since wrapping up loose ends isn't reason enough to make a whole new season, I would use IDW Comics.

12. Excelsior Prime

Why did you feel it necessary to post the first part of this post when what you really needed to post was the second?

If you don't like TF:A, keep out of threads about it and go talk about something else.

Prime

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All I would ask is that Megatron NOT immediately escape from prison/wherever at the beginning of (hypothetical) season 4, instead discreetly directing Decepticon activity by sneaking messages out from his cell for the first half of the season/story arc, if not the majority of it.

I'd love a "How did the baby protoform get into Sumdac's lab?" story, though I'm at a loss for putting it together myself.

I've always thought there should be a story where Lugnut has to disobey Megatron's orders, for the sake of some greater purpose (probably protecting Megatron in the long run). Lugnut being Lugnut, naturally is absolutely torn up inside over it all.