How would you continue Bayformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Facemeat, Jun 29, 2011.

1. thefinaldoom

thefinaldoom Well-Known Member

hmmmm, Armada storyline with Megs, Starscream, Shocky and Soundwave resurrected?

2. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Oh, I realize that's the point, but that doesn't mean I have to like it! I just wish directors would realize that films should belong to the fans, not them. I know, they get pretty free reign over properties, but I hate when they seem to say "These are my movies, and when I'm done, they're done".

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Well, Mr. Bay is not the chap your looking for if that's what you want from a film, as his quote from Botcon can well attest to, something about "I know how you guys wanted the movies made, but I made them how I wanted anyway" Or so I heard.

4. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Well, I suppose he's a double edged sword for me then. I really do like his films, but that's certainly not what I want from a director. "F*ck the fans, Transformers belongs to meeee! Mwahahaha!" And really, I can't imagine Hasbro liked his ultra-death-filled take on the "finale", as opposed to something with at least a little more wiggle room for further story development. I mean, what kid wants a collection of a bunch of dead robots?

5. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    tf4 : Features hot rod, blurr, kup, ultra magnus, galvatron, cyclonus, scourge, etc.

tf5 :
    For product placement, add more g1 autobot cars from 1st season of the cartoons like bluestreak, hound, prowl, sunstreaker, trailbreaker vs stunticons.
    Add pet dinobots vs pet insecticons. the pets don't talk and can transform into robot beasts.
    Zarak as one of the surviving primes and the main villain. Maybe can turn into a cybertronian space ship.

tf6 :
    For product placement, add more g1 autobot cars from 2nd season of cartoons vs combaticons.
    Battle of the giants : omega supreme vs astrotrain.
    Unicron satellite as an old enemy of Primus the creator of the transformers. The Unicron satellite don't have to be too big.

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

the funny part is when it comes to DOTM toys my current collection consists of 2 bots (Sideswipe and Lazerbeak) that were in the film and 8 that were not as many HA basics as I could currently get my grubby paws on). But we will see how that changes with future waves.

I guess we are kinda on opposite ends of the scale here as I usually only buy Bot's and Sideswipe lived so I was pretty well set this time around.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While Transformers fans might know characters like Galvatron the movies will have to be sold to people who likely don't know anything about Transformers. You could end up with a situation where Joe Average off the street is all confused on if Galvatron is supposed to be Megatron because Megatron was the leader in the other films.

8. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    They could work Unicron, Galvatron, Scourge in. Suppose that the humans shot the remaining Decepticons into space, in stasis lock and heavily damaged. Unicron comes along, revives and reformats them, and launches an all out war on Earth.

9. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    The next film absolutely needs Unicron and Galvatron.

10. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You either have to escalate it, or bring it back to its roots (2007 roots that is) w/ a better story.

11. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Anything involving Starscream and his immortal spark is fine with me.

12. megachin

megachin Banned

More wreckers Plaese

13. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Galvatron was pretty much pulled from Megatron's mostly dead body. (I know they thought of ROTF Megs as Galvatron- but lucky for us they didn't change the name or change the appearance that much)

There are plenty of Decepticons out there to pull from- although Galvatron, Unicron and the Cyclonus and the sweeps would make me very happy!

14. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    They've already revived Megatron once in the movie continuity. It would be stupid to do it again.

15. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. Also would allow for Galvatron, Scourge, Cyclonus, etc...

16. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Truth!

17. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I'd probably bring Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge and the Sweeps to Earth 15 to 20 years later, ostensibly to do nothing but run roughshod over the planet and suck it into lifelessness since there's no more buried Cybertronian artifacts on or orbiting it --- but in reality it's a plan to draw Optimus Prime out of wherever it is he's ended up by this point, seemingly out of revenge. Akin to the first movie, it'd ultimately be a handful of Autobots against a messload of Decepticons, although the Sweeps would be essentially drones and therefore any issues with touching on the robots' personalities would at least be helped by not having so many to worry about. I'd be leery about involving Unicron, at least at this stage in the game, anyway.

Optimus and Bumblebee would obviously have to be back, but with completely updated new designs. Oh yes, and for once, we'd have a TF movie where Bumblebee would actually friggin' speak more than two lines of dialogue. The other Autobots would be characters that haven't been used yet, at least in the movies.

Galvatron here would be established as being a completely separate character from Megatron a la IDW, but he shares some mysterious past connection to Megs. He also wouldn't be given to Movie Megatron's swarthy, snarly manner; he'd be a truly dark, calculating, icy b@$t@rd who's essentially the polar opposite of G1 Galvatron as villains go.

As for possible sequels, those seeds would have to get planted in this one - one of them would probably involve the formation of a MECH-like anti-Transformer organization that is able to appropriate Cybertronian technology for its own ends. I might also take advantage of some of the naming disparities/changes in G1 by bringing in characters splintered off of ones previously introduced in the films - for example, Skyfire would be a completely different character than Jetfire, Ariel would be a separate character from Elita-1, etc. And at a certain point, Optimus would get offed again, and this time succeeded by a new Prime who doesn't spend their days moping about how they'll never be the leader that Optimus was, and just gets down to the business.

18. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Easy. Unicron was watching the battle hoping the decepticons would prevail and destroy the Matrix. Since the Cons failed, Unicron comes to Earth and revives a rebuilds them. Megatron becomes Galvatron, Soundwave becomes Scourge and Shockwave becomes Cyclonus. Starscream becomes the ghost of Starscream and wreaks havok that way. Make the Autobots get it handed to them in the first movie. Let the Autobots put up a good fight only to fall short and leave us hanging at the end of the second movie. then in the third movie let Unicron reveal himself as a giant robot for the awe factor but have the Autobots finally prevail to wrap up the trilogy.

19. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im sorry but the four man cons need to come back meaning megs( which get turm into galvatron), starscream, soundwave, and shockwave have unicron bring them back or have decpticon act as an autobot and steal the matrix of leadership to revive the main cons. So they can get revenge. I just want an movie where the cons win the battle.

20. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    a buddy and I were talking about this earlier...only way is unicron...but its gets deeper....megs been wanting to rebuild cybertron for awhile..but for a good reason...my buddy believe megs really want to unlock omega supreme..based off of wfc game...
    bring on Hot Rod..