How would you continue Bayformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Facemeat, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I just got done watching the movie. 2 hours and 15 minutes consisted of me thinking "Holy shit, this is incredible!" and the last 15 minutes thinking "Oh come on now, don't kill ALL the Decepticons off". I mean, holy hell, this was a worse massacre than the '86 movie. So, with this movie being a surefire hit and Movie studios being greedy, I can only assume we'll see a sequel of some sort. But, with the Decepticons practically obliterated, how do you think they could continue the series? Or do you think we'll see a prequel that'll turn out being a soft reboot of sorts?

2. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    One word: Unicron.

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well you'd need some new decepticons.

I'd start with Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge.

4. Facemeat

Heheh, that was my thought too, but they'd need to either introduce a new faction, or bring in some Decepticons from other planets. It'd be kinda boring to just have one massive enemy.

5. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I wouldn't.

6. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I just want to see a giant planet eating monstrosity in full CGI glory. Hell, I'd settle for something similar to the '86 movie with today's effects.

7. AMG

AMG Old School

With the backbone of the Decepticons dead I don't see how they could continue this universe into a fourth film.

8. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To elaborate my personal thoughts on Unicron...perfect chance of some reformatting of dead cons to build a new army under Unicrons command. Galvatron, Cylonus, Scrouge and many other decepticons that never made it to the screen could all just be revived dead cons.

9. Facemeat

Oh, I'm sure they could come up with some excuse for bringing Megatron back. I mean, look at G1 Starscream. The guy disintegrated, and that didn't stop him! :lol 

10. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
  11. AMG

AMG Old School

His ego (and invincible spark) kept him going. :D 

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Bring in Bludgeon, Mindwipe and Breakdown. Also known as my favorite ROTF toys.

13. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Transformers wouldn't be Transformers without Megatron in some form.

14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hard to say. All the MAJOR villians are gone....Maybe Galvatron or Bludgeon.

15. protonpackin

protonpackin Well-Known Member

the movie left it open pretty good....megs starscream soundwave and shockwave are not the only decepticons...plus there was still hundreds if not more decepticons that could be in hiding....i think they should work a way to turn megs into galvatron....

id like to see them some how do unicron but i just dont know a good way to do it

16. Facemeat

Who says they couldn't introduce a new main villain? It's not like The Fallen was an incredibly popular, important character, and yet...

17. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Igor jumps on top of the head of Optimus and mind controls Optimus. The mind controlled Optimus kills a lot of autobots.

18. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Galvatron's perfect, but I think you build towards him instead of simply putting him in there. Have the movie open with Cybertron's destruction, only we see it from another perspective...this one coming from Galvatron's vessel. He witnesses the planet being destroyed and he calls for his men to lock on to wherever the signal is coming from that destroyed their planet.

Personally, I'd have "tribes" of Decepticons...scattered on Earth after they weren't picked up by the space bridge. That way, you have several working for the third world nations for survival, and you get to have a single tribe coming together and bringing the last Decepticons together. IMO, Thunderwing and Bludgeon are perfect for that...leading their own fanatical tribes towards different goals. Bludgeon would want control of North America for the Decepticons while Thunderwing believes he's a Prime and goes for the Matrix. They both die at the end, allowing for the subplot of Galvatron and his soldiers coming to Earth after they find where the signal that helped decimate their home planet came from.

I'd incorporate things like Thunderwing having Primus Apotheosis (not that I'd out and out call it that) so when he fights Optimus, it's akin to Optimus fighting somebody engineered to look and act just like him. When he dies, Galvatron could enter Earth's orbit and take Thunderwing's remains to maybe even bring Nemesis Prime out there.

I'm sure a continuity that has both Scourge and Nemesis Prime would destroy fan brains all over this board, and such anarchy would please me. Bwahahahahaha.

19. Sgt-mike-larry

Sgt-mike-larry Well-Known Member

100% Agree here.

Definately, along with the massive bastardisation of all the characters with zip of an explanation.

20. Facemeat

Oh, and one more thing this sequels needs, if it ever happens; let the Decepticons (or new rival faction) win, even if just for one movie. Seriously, does every Transformers movie have to end the same way? I just wish they'd switch it up, for once.