How would you change the first movie opening scene?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimoose, Feb 18, 2012.

1. optimoose

optimoose Well-Known Member

Well im starting to think that the first movie would catch the audience if the opening scene was the one used in DOTM

[​IMG]

Of course the plot would be different, it would tell how the allspark was launched into space and Megatron desperately tries to take it back

How would be your idea? would you prefer an action scene to open the first movie?

And how?

2. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Yes it could have worked, but the sheer mystery and epicness of TF07's beginning was perfectly done. It made the audience think "Holy Shit, that guy sounds awesome. But who is it? What does he look like?" then halfway through the movie "Agcjdgudcmudbjffifvj *seizure*". The beginning was done perfectly and had the effects been as advanced it could have been cool but the mystery factor would be gone.

3. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I prefer if the first one was like DOTM, it would be really interesting to see what it would have looked. Besides, Cybertron is beautiful! :D 

4. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I have to say no. One of my favorite things about the first movie is how well it captured the sense of awe and wonder associated with the Transformers. The more in-your-face action scene was great and works just fine by the time we're at the third movie, but as an intro to the new continuity, I think the prologue as it is works excellently.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I prefer the first's movie opening, which based solely on Peter Cullen's voice and nothing else, that way we could fully enjoy Peter Cullen's awesomeness without any battle sound or pauses to show story to interrupt us, just Cullen's gravitas.

6. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    No way would I trade the most destructive and epic scene in transformers movie history for the DOTM cybertron opening.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    The opening was perfect and awe-inspiring. No need to change it.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The thing about the opening scene from the first film is that it instills a sense of mystery, wonder and curiosity in the viewer. "Who is this chap with the epic voice? Yes, he's implying he's some kind of being from another world, but what sort of being is he like? I wanna know!" The audience is left hungering for more information, which they eventually get as the show unfolds. Showing Cybertron and the TFs from the get go totally dispels the abovementioned atmosphere.

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i put autobots and deceptions in cybertian vech modes

10. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This.

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Pretty much not at all. Peter Cullen's voice and the interesting close up of the Allspark make for a good cold open. It's mysterious and interesting as other poster's have noted.

Switching then to a scene that could honestly be from any war movie made about the recent conflict and it lulls your audience into a false sense of familiarity. Then the helicopter shows up: its markings note that its an American (and therefore friendly) bird but the music is ominous, puncuated by the rotors. Then BAM, Blackout is here and he's fucking up your shit.

The first movie has lots of good points from a narrative point of view. Its excellent opening, the absolutely breathtaking landing of the Autobots which is equal parts reverent, heartwarming and awe inspiring and some reasonably solid action scenes.

TF07 is the movie that needs rejigging the least.

12. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

This

13. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I wouldn't; I really like the opening of the first film.

14. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I wouldn't change it at all.

Why change what's already awesome? And TF07 needs the least amount of changes of any of them, IMO.