How would the would the world react if TransFormers were real?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Gretnablue, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Gretnablue

Gretnablue Well-Known Member

Now I don't mean like the bay films, I mean more like the G1 series.

So okay here's the setting, two factions of robots the autobots and the decepticons crash land on earth in Arizona after a long space battle. The 18 or so autobots set up base in the wreckage of their crash ship while the 30 or so decepticons build an underwater base in the pacific using the remains of their own ship as well as bits of stolen material from military bases, factories, ship etc.

The Autobots are trying to make peace with humanity while at the same fighting the decepticons who are pillaging any thing that can give them power to build space bridges so they can bring in reinforcements and equipment to eventually enslave the human race and destroy the autobots.

Now, how do you think people like politicians, the media, the military, regular people, scientists etc would react and do if this would happen in the real world and what do you think the eventual outcome would be?

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I know you said you don't mean like Bay's films, but honestly, that's probably how it'd turn out. More or less. Both factions might possibly be met with hostility at first, but over time the military/government would probably want an alliance with the Autobots; making them a task force. Scientists would want to a.) study them in order to understand more about them or b.) dissect them in order to gain information on how to weaponize them. Terrorists might try to barter with Decepticons. The general public would probably feel threatened and paranoid about every motor vehicle they encountered and could eventually lead to the government waging war on the Decepticons and/or exiling Autobots or something.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    No offence, but why Arizona? Does it always have to be some isolated desert? Why not outside of a French cafe, on the remains of a prison in Russia or the middle of the ocean where they all drown?

4. Deltus

Deltus 異種

''faaake its photoshop''

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Panic in the streets, human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together, MASS HYSTERIA!

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

QFT.

Seriously, what TylerMirage just said pretty much sums up how the entire world would react if the Transformers were real.

7. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would not be pretty

8. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Freakin panic attack?

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    We would be gone.

Just look at Power Rangers and the big monster and zord battles. How many people would be crushed to death when either one falls to the ground? Now take that and have like over 30 super tall robotic beings fighting, falling, and stuff exploding.

I would be shocked if life on Earth would make it a full year after that.

10. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

I'd love it i mean super advanced robots that trun into cars, trucks, ect.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Panic and hatred.

There would be no alliance with the Autobots or the Decepticons. Both would be persecuted equally and neither side would have any quarter given as they are demanded to get off world and never return. They're aliens in a galactic war. Thinking that there'd be any siding or tolerance with them is naive.

12. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

This

13. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AVGN?

14. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looters! Panic in the streets! Religious nuts shouting about the end of the world!

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

autobots help our troops in war

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The general governmental and military reaction to the Cybertronians, I imagine, would be one of distrust. Certain military, paramilitary and scientific elements, however, both lawful and otherwise, would extend feelers to them in the hope of sharing knowledge and technology, as well as forging military alliances.

The Autobots, contrary to popular belief, might not necessarily be receptive to such approaches. Dissenting opinions would range from altruistically wanting to spare us the horror of the Cybertronian civil war (Optimus, Ultra Magnus), to seeing little value in what we can bring to the table (Mirage, Grimlock, Prowl). The open-minded ones (Wheeljack, Hound, Bumblebee, Jazz), I imagine, would eventually win the altruists over.

Most of the Cons would probably share Mirage, Grimlock and Prowl's opinions, if not outright think of humans as either slaves to be exploited or pests to be eliminated. A certain far-sighted subset (Scorponok, Ratbat, the Masterforce version of Overlord), however, would see humans as viable allies, especially if they desire to develop stuff like Headmaster, Powermaster or Targetmaster systems. Should the Cybertronians possess such technology and wish to advance it, I imagine both the Autobots and Decepticons would actually start actively recruiting human partners, the same way they did in Masterforce.

As for public reaction to the Cybertronians, I think that it may not necessarily be one of panic or shock; enough books, movies and other media featuring alien creatures and giant robots has been circulating that your average person may actually be only mildly unsettled by their presence. In fact, I feel that a sizeable number of people might actually clamour to meet the TFs. This subset, sadly, I do not predict lasting very long. They will soon find out that the Cybertronian conflict is not fun and games. If Miko Nakadai existed in the real world, she would be dead within weeks of making contact with the Autobots.

That point brings me to the final part of my write-up. The moment any collateral damage results - civilians caught in the crossfire, settlements destroyed, et cetera - shit will hit the fan. Governments at large will unite against the Cybertronians and gun for their expulsion, if not declare all-out war. The Autobots may comply, but the Decepticons will respond with overwhelming force. And that would spell Armageddon. I predict that the Earth and its population will not last one year against such an onslaught.

17. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    As my professor said: "Good stuff." :thumb  This is truly reflective and deep!

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think Humanity would initially go about attempting to verify the extraterrestrial origins of the Transformers, and go around throwing a myriad of theories (Robotmaster! Developed by the Russkies!) To try and exlain their presence on Earth.

After verification however, I would like to believe that humanity would put aside their differences and join forces together, when faced with the undeniable proof that 'we are not alone'.

Of course this means that future Deceptions would travel back to 1984 to prevent 'First Contact' and future Autobots lead by Jean Luc Picard would also travel back to repair the timeline while simultaneously ignoring 7 years of established continuity and established character roles in order to make a fast buck.

Wait what are we talking about?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Things would smell bad for a while, because the world's population would collectively poop its pants.

20. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

:lol