How would the Protector/Shadow Scyther armor look on Sideburn?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NGW, Apr 26, 2011.

1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    So the upcoming TFCC membership figure Sideburn is going to be my first and only version of the classics Rodimus mold. Now unless something is announced, there's not a set of the protector armor made to go with it. Now while I think the figure looks great as is, and I honestly probably couldn't afford either armor set (nor get the ok from the girl even if I could) but at some point I'd love to try and get one, would either look good with that mold in those colors? I assume the black would look much better with the blue than the red and orange would, but I dunno.

Are they even still available at decent prices?

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    You arn't gonna find the Scyther armor at price that sounds like it is going to be in range. If you are looking at getting the armor, I would suggest the regular rodimus one and find a BiS Rodimus (even though I think it looks a little goofy). You should be able to hauk the cyclonus from the set pretty easily.

I agree that the black set would look nicer with the blue Sideburn, but that set (havent checked in a while) was running $300+. I think they would both look a bit goofy with the blue one. I slapped my Scyther armor under a red Rodimus when I got it for all of 5 minutes and thought it looked goofy as hell. Had to learn how to paint in a hurry.

I personally am holding out hope for a blue set, as well as a BiS colored set. Hopefully the blue set will come with the Scyther faceplate, cause that thing is mean as hell.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ouch, yeah definitely out of my price range (especially if I have any hope of getting MMC's HoS Shockwave). Guess I'll just hold out on a possible blue repaint getting done, it's certainly not out of the question I'm sure.

How's the mold anyways? As I said never actually owned it and since I joined the club just for Botcon...which I am no longer able to attend, I hope what I do get for having joined is at least worth the price..

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^Shadow Scythcer armor + either a Henkei Wildrider / Shattered Glass Rodimus = easily $1,000! :eek: 

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Until we get a sideburn in and attached we won't know how well it'll look.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Shadow Scyther might look nice, under the "black goes with anything" fashion law, but it's expensive as hell. Protector will probably look clownish on him.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Rodimus mold is a little weak itself compared to other Classics molds. Pretty limited range of motion and articulation. It is definately an upgrade over G1, but is no where near the level of other recent "classics" figures. I think it is a decent representation of the character, but could have used more moving joints in its arms. That being said, I think the Protector armor for it is great and a must have for any classics collection.