How would have you handled Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Yggdrasil, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I was thinking just now...

Megatron is awesome in Prime and I mean godly awesome and it just occured to me how badly he was treated in the movies.

In the first movie he had a presence to him like Sauron, he wasn't there but you knew he was outhere on Earth and that the Autobots are scared shitless of him and when he comes out prodly and announces "I AM MEEEEEEGATROOOON!" you really feel he's the monser capable of destroying a world. Him also killing Jazz and bitchslapping Optimus also made him feel powerful and was only defeated by exploding god in his heart.

But as movies went on he really degraded into being really pathetich.

I mean sure I would be shit if I got killed then revived then got my face shot off by a Jet-engine but I'm a weakling while this is Megatron!

In the second movie he was nothing more than a second banana to the Fallen and in the third movie he was as Carly put it Sentinel's bitch.

While I like The Fallen I think that he was a rather pointless and stupid character in the movie itself. Imagine now this.

First off I wouldn't kill him off in the first movie. I would have Jazz sacrafice himself by destroying the Allspark. After seeing his army destroyed and the Allspark lost he and Starscream retreat to the Nemesis to form a new plan of attack.

Instead of introducing the Fallen as the new badguy have Megatron again as the main villain. Give all of The Fallen's screentime to Megatron! Megatron can explain to Starscream aboard the Nemesis about how he took his name from The Fallen and how he created the Decepticons based upon The Fallen's ideas and his ideology that the Cybertronians should rule other species since they are superior. Have the story be around Megatorn discovering the ancient device of the Primes that The Fallen secretly built to blow up the sun and re-create the Allspark for his twistet needs. Megatron killing Optimus would also be much better and made more sence wihtout creating the infamous "only a prime can kill me plothole." Have Megatron announce his presence to the world and put a bounty on Sam's head insted of the Fallen. Have the Contructicons re-model the pyramid and have megatron snach the matrix from Optimus and put it in himself.

Now he gains the teleportation and telekenisis powers of the primes and proceed to buttfuck the autobots and the Military. Optimus SUUUPA JETUFIRA MODO storms the pyrammid top and has a big epic re-match with mystic Prime powers Megatron VS ultra badass Optimus. Optimus rips out the matrix from Megatron's chest and blast his face just like in the movie and Megatron's then screams just like in ROTF "STAAWSWEAM!"

Starscream flies up and orders "Constructicons form Devastator!" In which we have the true finall boss sequence of Jet-matrix-powered-Optimus VS Devastator while Starscream and Megatron retread once again to re-think their plans.

I'm still figuring out how I would have handeled DOTM but this is enought for now, it's just an idea that bursted into my head so I wanted to share it with you guys.

2. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

Megs was handled so poorly in the movies. You never really feared him as a villian. He came too and kicked some butt in the first one, but somehow was killed by a human of all things. Then he's second fiddle to the even more worthless The Fallen. To conclude the masterpiece, Megatron is kicking back down an ally while Sentinel rules. He only comes to after Carly calls him a few names.

Not having Megs be more of a feared villan and ruler of all just made no sense at all.

This happens often though. In Animated, he was a head with no body for the whole first season. In Transformers: Prime his was in a coma for 7 episodes or so and not really destroying anything for much of the first season.

3. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Personally, Megatron had quite a bit of development, but it was on the subtle side.

Yeah, over-hyped character, but The Fallen was more of a deity/creator to Megatron. It was Megatron's destiny to carry out the will of The Fallen - to start the Great War. The Fallen not only envisioned a universe ruled by Decepticons, but a universe ruled by Cybertron. The Primes were basically all "just because we have the power to destroy countless worlds and their inhabitants doesn't mean we should, and all forms of life are created equal". But The Fallen was all "we were gifted with this power so we could rule over the lesser creatures". Of course, that's where they split apart.

Like I said, Megatron was chosen by, dare I say it, his creator, to rise up and rule the universe. And using some info from the comics, Megatron is named after Megatronus Prime, aka THE FALLEN. So I guess you could say that Megatron was the prime :) p) candidate to be the next Megatronus Prime. If they succeeded, that is.

As for DOTM, Megatron still kept the vision of a Cybertronian empire, with him as its ruler. He may have been weak physically, but really, he fought a psychological battle this time around - Megatron, evil of evils, caused not just an Autobot, but a very wise, noble Prime, to turn against everything he stood for. Quite the powerful blow to the Autobots, especially Optimus.

In a sense, Sentinel was more or less the puppet starting to control the puppeteer. Megatron was starting to be played, and when Carly came along, she just knocked a little paranoia into Megatron. He felt threatened by Sentinel, and he was gonna take him out while he had the chance.

Aside from the mention of Megatronus Prime being Megatron's namesake, this is what I got from the movies alone.

4. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

To be fair in the first film, megatron was being shot down by tornado planes, so he was on the floor so it give sam one chance to kill him. Other than that no one could stop him. In TF1 he was a feared villain, when he returned no question he did fit the bill as the decepticon leader

They handled megatron as a decepticon getting weaker after TF1, in the first film megatron was hyped as the decepticon leader that was unstoppable in a one on one fight, that lead an army that destroyed cybertron. But they scripted megatron and optimus as 2 leaders one in megatron that got weaker after his death, and optimus got stronger after TF1.

I did wish they kept megatron to his ROTF alternative mode, have him retreat when optimus became jetfire leave the fallen get crushed, but just rebuild on his second mode. Like give him another arm to replace his gimpy small arm, and he is ready to lead the army in DOTM

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If this thread is what I think it is then...

"Alright Megatron, Put em up, You call youself king of the Decepticons?"

Punching Megatron in the toe.

"Ouch! I think I broke my pinky."

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    If by "by a human" you mean "with the addition of fighting Optimus, getting knocked around by F-22s and their missiles and then, you know, getting The AllSpark shoved in your chest", then yes, Sam took out Megatron with his bare human hands. :rolleyes: 

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I would have made him more like the Exodus/IDW version. One who started off a idealistic practioner of hope turned violent dictator once the Fallen molded him.

I would have made him overpowered but he would retreat in ROTF tatical style leaving the Fallen to die based on the fact Megatron could not become a Prime himself (something he wished he was based on Exodus) and in DOTM it's Shockwave who made a deal with Sentinel so Megatron teams up with Opotimsu to fight a common enemy and dies to save Prime's life at the end.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I could have been very happy with the direction they took his character, that is, as a conqueror defeated and relegated to a lesser role, his best years behind him. It would have made him a really nice parallel for the state of cybertron, especially since he would have been responsible for the downfall of both his world and himself. Megatron, a proud leader not used to defeat or servitude, having to come to terms with both, has yielded some great scenes in the past (in the marvel comics, for example), and I just wish they had DONE more with that character arc than a supermodel calling him a bitch.

9. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Movieverse. Tied with masterforce for worse case of villian decay ever

10. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    I agree. I, for one, really like what they attempted to do with his character. They tried something new and different (to which most people met it with disgust and hatred). A dilapidated physical body, an at-the-end-of-his-rope leader. A nice change to the "I've got all my s**t together and I'm totally awesome and the biggest baddest bad guy ever!"-depictions that are most common. It's just the execution of said development that was lacking. That, and I wished he had "whoosed!" his cape at some point in the movie, as opposed to wearing it only for the sake of dramatically removing it three times. :lol 

11. megatron6661

For me we did get the badass megatron in his prime, we got the megatron that could rough up and do a hell of allot of damage to optimus. Look at their final fight, no humans around and megatron was dodging and counter attacking optimus, and really doing a number on optimus.

For me I would have loved if they got megatron to retreat in ROTF, after optimus became jetfire, fly away from earth regroup and upgrade his alternative mode, and then go back to his classic TF1 form and return with that army.

12. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Yeah, sorry, I was referring more so to the DotM Megatron. He was the great and powerful fighter in the first film. :D 

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Couldn't have been that unstoppable if he was stopped by a teenager with a plot device.

14. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Curses! You foiled my explanation! ;)  So I fixed my previous post.

15. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Ok thanks to this I think I have an idea!

Maybe Sentinel and Megatron had a deal on Cybertron for Sentinel to use his pillars to transport the allspark to another planet so that there they could use it's power to create a new army (they had all those hachlings) and power it up with the allspark so that they can launch a huge couterattack agains Cybertron and take it over by force. Snetinel would deliver the pillard on the location of their meeting and then come back to Cybertron and using his Prime status fool the Autobots into givinf him the allspark and then he transports it with the pillars.

But Sentinel's ship got shot down by the decepticons unaware of the deal and left drifting away into space.

Now many years after Shockwave (who learend of Megatron's plan because he's Megatron #1 strategist) discovered the Ark but he can't revive Sentinel. HE sends a message to Megatron and Megatron form a plant.

Shockave crashes the ark on the moon in present time and NEST dectecs it. No Apollo 11 conspiracy bullshit! Autobots rescue and revive Sentinel. It all goes pretty much like in the movie but Sentinel is annoyed at how pathetic Megatron is and how he allowed the Allspark to be destroyed! He wants to kill Megatron but Megatron tells him of the Fallen's machine and how he can rebuilt it to create a new Allspark but he needs Cybertron's technology. So all we need now is Cybertron. And since they have the pillars, a sun waiting to be blown up they decide to warp Cybertron to Earth.

Again it all goes as planed, but throught the movie we constantly see Megaton being bullied by Sentinel and treated like shit. And even Starscream making fun of "OH how mighty Megatorn has fallen, being ordered around by an Autobot!"

It goes pretty much like in the movie except one Optimus kills Shockwave Megatorn jumps and attacks him but Sentinel pushet him out saying "You and Optimus are two of my biggest mistakes! But I will correct them now! I will rule Cybertron like it should have always been!"

As Sentinel is about to kill Optimus with his "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE" move Megatron jumps in and punches him.

Sentinel:" Megatron!?"

Megatron:" It's LORD Megatron to you!"

Megatron then helps Optimus up and gives him his shotgun "Don't miss!" and he then dukes out with Sentinel and Optimus keeps shooting him multipe time but it doens't work, the old bastar it tought. That when Sentinel takes his rust cannon and just as his about to shoot at Optimus megatron throws himself infornt of it taking the full hit and then uses Optimus' axe to cut Sentinel's hand and throw it to Optimus and Optimus uses Sentinel's rust cannon to kill him as well.

The "You betrayed yourself" dialogue is still there.

Optimus takes Megatron in his hands as he starts to rust away

Megatorn:" All I ever wanted is for our race to be great once again...but all I ever did was bring death. And in the end I alone destroyed it and brought it to extinction..."

Optimus:"it doesn't ahve to end here! Ratchet will fix you up, we can rebuild Cybertron and rule together again! Just like old times!"

Megatron:" No Optimus, I'm beyond redemtion.."

Optimus:" It can't end like this! I never wanted for it to end like this!"

Megatron:"This is your world now. You are the one and only leader of Cybertronian...just like it should have always been!"

"...Goodbye Optimus Prime, ruler of Cybertron!"

Optimus:"Goodbye old friend!"

Megatron:" Yes...friend..."

Ans with that rust covers Megatron's face and the gret leader of the Decepticons dies, but with a "smile" on his face.

So yeah that's it...damn all of this plus writting out all of my presonal continuity in the other thread.

I'm on roll today! :lol 

16. megatron6661

Ah sorry got it wrong there

But for me the reason why we never got optimus and megatron fight for 2 reasons

1 optimus vs megs at this point in the game especially after the pillars are destroyed, all the decepticons are killed, sentinel is destroyed by megatron, it would have been a pointless fight. One way or another megatron loses even if he killed optimus, once sentinel and the pillars are destroyed megatrons whole plan fails. Even if megatron was at his whole conquering best like TF1, he still needed sentinel and the pillars

2 megatron teased optimus, with optimus losing his arm megatron thought he had optimus in the palm of his hand. He knew he could have killed optimus at that point, but here is the hitch, megatron needed optimus. With all of megatrons allies destroyed and megatron himself destroying sentinel, he had to get optimus on his side to rebuild their home planet.

That was the whole ironic thing with DOTM, megatrons plan was not to kill optimus he needed the pillars and sentinel, and 2 of those things were destroyed

17. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I like this ending more than the films. :thumb 

18. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    For one thing, I would have made this his alt mode:

[​IMG]

19. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

If you look at it more analytically I thought he was handled fine.

In T1 he throws Optimus around a lot but never causes any major damage, and when during the little snippet of blackout sneaking up behind the fight you see Optimus getting some fair hits in.

In ROTF Megs does get thrown around by Optimus but he also inflicts way more damage during the fight via brutal kick to the face, shot to the chest, and finally stabbing through the back.

In DOTM he just decimates Sentinel in 2 seconds be it was a underhanded behind the back attack. Still Sentinal was able to deal with the military, 3 autobots, and prime all at about the same time.

All in all he was pretty brutal villain throughout the movies.

20. megatron6661

let us not forget in ROTF, he gunned down a chopper and technically killed sam, also didn't optimus attack sentinel from behind when sentinel tried to flea the scene. Like I said they just handled megatron as a villain that got weaker after TF1.