How will Transformers Fall of Cybertron effect Transformers Prime(speculation)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Flashdisk, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was wondering how Transformers Fall of Cybertron could effect Transformers Prime? After all, Fall of Cybertron is supposedly part of the aligned continuity. Also, what aspects of Fall of Cybertron would you want to see in Prime?

What I'm interested in is the following:

Jazz's ability in Fall of Cybertron to travel using grappling hook goint to different vantage points and attacking wall crawling enemies with his sniper rifle. If he ever shows up in Transformers Prime, I think it would be interesting to see him sniping enemies on top of trees then zipping to another tree top to shoot another. I can see him doing a roof top battle in the cities. Jazz even uses the grappling hook to move objects from far away. I'd imagine him doing a Scorpion impersonation on one the Vehicons.

Another interesting thing is that in the game, it seems Cliffjumper has cloaking abilities. Maybe if we ever have a flashback of Cliffjumper we'll get a demonstration of that cloaking ability.

Also I'm quite interested in seeing Metroplex and the combaticons in Prime, considering the different abilities and backgrounds Highmoon studios have already inputted in their development.

It was nice to see some sort of insecticon in the most recent episode of Prime.

I'd really enjoy seeing Grimlock slashing his way through hordes of Vehicons and absorbing their energon so that he can transform into a T-rex. It kind of reminds me of games like Onimusha, Devil May Cry and maybe even ninja gaiden. I'd like to see how amazing Polygon studios can make a sword and shield wielding Grimlock. A character who is like a knight/samurai would be quite interestingI'd also like to see how the animators will be able to show Grimlock absorbing the energon from his fallen foes and transforming into his frightening beast mode.

sources

Side Mission » Transforming Weaknesses Into Strengths in Fall of Cybertron

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Preview: bigger, better, more Bruticus -- PlayStation Universe

http://www.destructoid.com/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-is-a-big-sequel-222263.phtml

Is the matrix of leadership what enables Optimus to control Metroplex? What happens if he doesn't have it anymore and Metroplex comes?

2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    What I'd like is that during the Jazz levels you see Arcee talking to some one like in her flashback in "Predatory". Or have Cliffjumper mention her.

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think we'll see subtle hints as we've seen in the season finale with Optimus becoming a Prime; however, I also see this show going its own way, as it is already doing. The writers of Transformers: Prime and High Moon Studios are free to tell the story they want to tell, and that's what they're doing.

I wouldn't mind Jazz (should he be in the show) using that grappling hook, but I wouldn't want it to be his go-to-thing, as I think it'd get old pretty quick. Also with the Vehicons of late being high flying jets, I don't know if he'd be able to snipe them as well as foot soldiers.

If he had the cloaking ability, it would have been wise of him to use it in Darkness Rising, helping him get the drop on the Decepticons. He could have survived the mini-movie if he had it:( 

I would be very surprised if Metroplex shows up in this show. The Autobots could have used him all through season one, especially when Unicron showed up.

I've been wanting the Combaticons since MECH came on to the scene. Here's hoping that happens:D 

Of all the game abilities that could possibly work in an animated show, I don't think this one would work well. I can see all the problems Optimus would have with this ability already.

Maybe... Sentinel was connected to Omega Supreme with the key he hid inside of him, so why couldn't the Matrix have an added bonus of its own? However, if the Matrix does have this ability and should Transformers: Prime decided to travel down this road, we're all going to wonder why Optimus didn't use this during the first season finale.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't it already affecting? Look at the Insecticons

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    If it counts, Prime's Cybertron has the remains of the same highway system used in the beginning of WFC.

6. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was thinking that it would only work if Metroplex is there. I think we should ask first whether Metroplex is alive and functional on earth. Then I'd wonder if the Matrix would still work given that Optimus used it up to stop Unicron.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It won't.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Most likely this.

However, almost everything that gets released does add to the continuity, so perhaps there will be something in Prime. As rxlthunder said, WFC seems to have impacted the design choices for Cybertron in Prime.

WFC is one form of TF media that went really in depth in terms of Cybertron's design, and I think most designers that will need to design a Cybertron in the future might look to WFC for inspiration as it's one of the best examples we have.

9. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    It won't.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Some things can remain [like the Cybertron design] but I say others should vanish [Captain McBland Jetfire]

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Why not have both. Jetfire is ROTF and have the G1 version be Skyfire.

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I strongly believed that ever since more news come out from Fall of Cybertron Prime may have aspects from the game in it's second season and from the looks of it with that Insecticon I think I may be right!:) 

That means that the Dinobots and Shockwave aren't far behind!

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I think it's more like Transformers Prime is affecting Fall of Cybertron

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Sure, why not.
    Maybe have them as brothers, in a homage to Animated.

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Jazz.
    Bruticus.

'Nuff said.