How will POTP affect Lost Light?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Joeis4Jord4n, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Joeis4Jord4n

Joeis4Jord4n Well-Known Member

At SDCC, Hasbro showed off the conclusion to the Prime Wars Trilogy, and that is Power of the Primes, and one of the toys happens to be Rodimus Prime. John Warden stated in an interview that Hasbro is working with IDW to create a story adaptation for the new toy line, so Rodimus may be featured, and undergo some harsher development.

Also some leaks have revealed that two other characters that have showed up in Lost Light a few times will be getting toys, so they may be featured in this story as well. Do you guys think these characters will be pulled from Lost Light to be in the POTP story. Do you guys also think that these characters may be pulled from Lost Light permanently for story reasons? If so, how would you guys feel about that?

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    hahahaha yeah, hold your breath for that.

I'd have to read the interview again to be sure, but my impression was that Warden said something completely vague like, "We enjoy working with our partners at IDW," or somesuch, not that they were giving marching orders to IDW about a specific storyline, or that they were even coordinating or anything.

I'm sure whatever is done will end up being exactly like Titans Return: completely half-ass, boring, a waste of time, and nowhere near as interesting or imaginative as the limited TR fiction created within the toy bios.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopathâ„¢

News Credits:
    But will we have a Prime riding a Prime like we had a Max riding a Max?

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Man, that was crushingly disappointing. I can't believe I got roped into another lame event. I skipped the couple before that, but I was so into the Titans Return toyline and the concepts it featured that I foolishly let my hopes up. The RiD issues were at least readable if not great, but what utter garbage those MTMtE comics were. Easily the worst issues Roberts has ever done for the franchise.

5. Lothar Hex

Lothar Hex Perverted Sociopathâ„¢

News Credits:
    I liked the Scavengers one. But then again I just squee whenever the Scavengers turn up so...

• Like Like x 1
  6. SparkPlug24

SparkPlug24 Named after the Mini-con, not the Witwicky.

The Scavengers arc weren't tied into the toys though. To me, Titans Return promised the re-introduction of Headmasters across the board, but all we got in the comics were Cybertronians pulling off a Pacific Rim on Luna 2.

7. Boatformer

Boatformer #HaulOfFame

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think you can be fairly certain that the big "pull" of POTP will be Optimus Primal. Maybe Elita and Predaking, too. I doubt that they'll pull Lost Light off course, given that it (in all likelihood) only has, like... another year and a half to wrap everything up.
    Because, really, Titans Return didn't use all of the TR toys, and Combiner Wars only brought in the Protectobots because there's only so many combiners to go around. The vast majority of characters seen from POTP are already on Cybertron, and it wouldn't make much sense to bring in Rodimus just for the sake of having him there.

8. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The comics are building to an apparently portentous return of the ancient Primes, both Onyx and Maximo at this point, and who knows who else in the future (I'm hoping at least one is a good guy). There's also a second Matrix in play (the one somewhere in the Functionist Universe), which fits with the play pattern.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Rodimus isn't going to get developed. Roberts likes him being a childish, insufferable asshole too much.

• Like Like x 4
  10. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

HA! Yeah - Megatron is going to somehow return from the functionist Universe with the matrix, apologise for being late back, and give said Matrix to Rodimus, making amends for not coming back to main universe and taking another step on his (very very long) redemption path. Rodimus is now Prime and gets turned into a motorhome.
    ONwards to the Lost Light and the search for the Knights

• Like Like x 3
  11. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

I don't think Power of the Primes will affect Lost Light that much. The Titans Return toyline featured characters that didn't show up in the comic at all.

12. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even with a Rodimus Prime, I think it's more likely Lost Light's contribution to Power of the Primes (if there even is one), will have more to do with some of its side characters, such as Fort Max, Red Alert, and Prowl, or the Scavengers. Both Revolution and Titans Return followed this path, and even Combiner Wars just pulled a bunch of background characters and First Aid. It hasn't been since Dark Cybertron that Lost Light was really derailed by the crossover.

Certainly several of them they could tap for that. At the very least, I would think the IDW version of Vector Prime would probably be tilted towards the heroic axis.

...I'd actually be really okay with that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. iamtfc

iamtfc Well-Known Member

There's always the question of what happened to the Matrix half that the other Rodimus of the quantum duplication had.

14. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    OH MY GOD

• Like Like x 1
  15. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

YES - it WAS meant to come back in some way... given the most recent issue of LL... and the references to Black Block Consortia, and the specific references to that particular battle over Ofstead17(?), and the bots specifically looking for a map to Cyberutopia... i'd say its coming back VERY soon.