How/Where to enter SKUs...?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 1UpCheatachu, May 31, 2007.

1. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

I was at Target today because I wanted to see if they had Robo-Vision Prime in the back. I thought that you enter SKUs in the price scanners, but there's no way to do that.....

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two days. They won't sell it before then.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You probably can't. But if you give the SKU to one of the employees with a scanner, they can look it up.

-Tony!

4. 1UpCheatachu

I know, I wanted to see if they were going to have it then.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Go the the Customer Service desk, be all like "Yeah; I've got a # for an item, can you check if you have it in stock or not?"
    That's how I snagged a lot of Alternators and Universe Nemesis Prime back in the day.
    DN

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    DPCI. not SKU. Put the DPCI number into the scanners located through the store, and it'll tell you if they have it.

regardless, they're not likely to sell it to you yet.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    My Target has removed that feature. Really sucks, cause I was always 2 steps ahead of the employees...(scores Classics Megs early cause of that)

8. 1UpCheatachu

Not sure why, but I laughed when I read that. :lol  Thanks for the tip.

I know they won't, I just wanted to know if they were going to have them in stock on Saturday.

Mine probably did too. I don't see anywhere to enter a code at all.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    seeing how big the movie is, and how target has an entire exclusive subline for it, I cant imagine any targets not having him. hes supposed to cover an entire endcap.

10. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    That's really odd, considering the guy I talked to at Target said all he saw out was Prime, Starscream, and the scouts. He even went back and checked what else there was (even though he couldnt sell it to me).

This was just before noon today.

11. 1UpCheatachu

I called and asked, and they said they don't have any in the back.

12. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    He doesn't have a full endcap dedicated to him, but if most stores are like mine, they'll have 20-30 to go around.
    -S

13. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Yo, 1Up, many of the Targets in our area do not have those scanners, it's mostly newer Targets. So, if you didn't see one (they are all over if present), they probably did not have one.

14. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If your Target is on top of things, all those TF:TM toys will be palletized and unlocated in the back with a label saying "do not set before 6/2". It won't show up if you check for backroom locations on the scanner since the scanners only check to see if an item is tied to a location in the back. Transition pallets are not located, just staged.

My Target set that aisle, and almost the first 8' are TF:TM toys. We just left that section empty with "Coming soon" signing.

As of now, there is no official Target statement saying to sell or release them early. Stores that are selling the toys have dropped the ball big time and are risking future replenishment.

15. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of the Targets here have almost everything out, but Robovision Prime. I gave the guy the # and he got one out of the back for me. Still haven't found a leader Megatron yet. Won't have to pick up much on Saturday now, pretty much got everthing last week at TRU, a couple days ago at Walmart and today at Target. Also saw today where one Target had nothing out, they had a cool endcap with the Autobot symbol's eyes lighting up.:dj 

16. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the store's price-check scanners have a column of buttons down the right-hand side, toy can just walk up, start keying in the numbers, and hit enter after you put in all 9 digits. It'll automatically parse out the DPCI with hyphens as you enter, same as your ATM takes care of the decimal placement for you. It'll come up with listings for stuff on the floor and in the back, saying either Yes, No, or N/A for each.

If they don't have the scanners with the keys on the side, or every last scanner in the store has broken keypads (a lot of scanners have had their keypads either used to death or intentionally broken by jerkweeds), find an employee with a hand scanner, or stop by the service desk, as others have mentioned, and ask them to check a DPCI for you.