How well is Animated doing internationally?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by drrockso20, Mar 18, 2009.

1. drrockso20

drrockso20 Well-Known Member

how well is animated doing outside of the US and Canada and which countries are showing animated currently?

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Excellent question. I have no idea :) 

3. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Well I'm in the UK and I've yet to see it on the tv.

I know its supposed to have been shown on Nicktoons, but you need cable or satallite to get that, and there was a petition on here not so long ago to get it shown on GMTV (which is the early morning show on one if the UKs big 5 terrestrial based channels ie everyone can get it)

So Uk coverage...pretty poor to be honest.

The dvds are being released but as 4 episode volumes rather than as season sets. and each dvd with 4 eps on is costing about £13 (about $18) so they're not going to be flying off the shelves anytime soon.

Add to that the fact the toy pricing is rediculous compared to the US

Deluxe = £12 - £15 ($16 - $20)
    Voyager = £20 - £25 ($27 - $34)
    Leader = around £40 and up ($55)

So the toy lines don't move as quickly as in the US and the fact the UK waves seem to be different (like no regular Ultra Magnus and everything comes out months later than in the US, Canada etc etc etc)

So yeah, Animated is kind of like the bastard stepchild in the uk...they have to put it out there but theres little effort behind it.

4. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.<br><b><font color=blue>Bi

News Credits:
    Same here... The toys are fairly popular here in Sweden, and overall the TF brand is the best selling franchise in the Nordic region, but we have no cartoon, and pricing is insane here as well.

Deluxe = $30
    Voyager = $50
    Leader = $80-$100

They air the cartoon in Finland, dubbed to Finnish, but that's it. I find it kind of odd, 'cus in the Megs/OP 2-pack there's a DVD with the first part of the cartoon, dubbed into Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian as well, so dubs do exist. They're just not shown anywhere...

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

In Australia, animated stop at EG BB! No new toy after!

*ahem*

In truth, the show did pretty good. Just the toys are, less than flying, due to nearly everyone having EG BB by now, and people wanting the stuff past that. Animated B. Lockdow and Swindle were spotted, but no one wants then due to exceptional price rip offs.

6. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Playground buzz is good from what I know, but the show is on at 8am or 8pm. There is also RID on Jetix at 6 pm

We have had some serious issues with getting the stuff here and getting it at the right time (same with every line apart from Dr Who). The stuff seems to shift really well though once it hits the shelves Even the cases that are just Swoop and SP go well.

I think on a global level TFA has been handled badly (just my view) We never get a big push for kids shows here anymore, not like the 80`s. Our biggest store is Toys R Us and the action figures are usually crammed into 2 aisles with hardly any logic or order. Case assortments also seem to be a problem as there are more obscure characters peg warming with core characters a distant memory. I really don`t get the toy industry anymore here.

TFA was a great oppertunity that I think they missed

7. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Here, TFA is being released on DVD in four-episode sets.

And the prices for the toys are...

Activator: $18
    Deluxe: $28
    Voyager: $45
    Leader: $89

I think it's fairly obvious why solid walls of Ultra Magnus have formed.

8. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the other countries wait until the series is done so they can do a quick run through.

It's that or they don't have a voice dub yet.

9. papataz

papataz Mostly lurking

Well, Serbia is a small country, but we have TF:A on two channels :) 
    - On Jetix, which is a cable - only channel, the cartoon is subtitled and aired twice every day.
    - On Happy TV, which is hmmm... ground? channel with national - wide frequency, the toon is currently being aired on weekends only.
    As for toy prices, I think they are the lowest in the region:
    DLXs are currently nine euros (original price was 12 euros)
    Voyagers are 25 euros.
    No leaders here.
    That Supreme Optimus Prime is 40 euros at the moment, was 60 originally.
    However, all we got are waves 2 and 3 of the Deluxes, and the first 3 waves of Voyagers, with no new toys in sight...

10. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Here in Australia I haven't seen any toy waves since they cleared out their Christmas stocks. I've got the first two DVDs (they're the same as the UK ones) and I think a third or fourth may be out but I'm not sure about that as I haven't been to a JB-HiFi recently. It's been screening on CN here as well but beyond that not too sure. It's certainly not doing badly considering how small a country we are compared to the UK or US.

11. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In Portugal they were showing season 1, two months ago i think, in a cable channel dubbed in portuguese....
    the toys are being sold for quite a high price.... 18 euros for a deluxe and 30 something for a voyager...

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Never come across the show on telly here myself, and apart from the same old toys shelfwarming up a storm here the only other places you sometimes saw Animated were the UK comic (before it got deservedly canned) and a small selection of coluring and activity books. I don't remember even seeing the TF:A annual in supermarkets like every other annual was. And annuals are usually a big thing in a kid's Christmas life.
    I think if I didn't have access to info on the internet I'd hardly know there was such a thing as Transformers Animated at all.
    So, in conclusion, I can't see how it's doing anything other than not much at all since there's almost no exposure of the line, and the toys limp out in huge chunks once every blue moon to warm the shelves while the next couple of waves pass on by because retailers can't shift what they already have.

13. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

Gotta say that I feel fortunate to be in the states after reading through this thread.

We have the most recent waves (except I can't find Wreck-gar anywhere) and the lowest prices.

I hope you all get the most recent waves soon.
    Mark

14. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks mate, we just get stuff here very slowly. SP & Swoop only really hit stores in December and we still have not seen Uni Hound wave at retail. We are slow but we get there in the end. Most of our goodies come from places like Kapow that get them dorect so we can keep up.

15. magnusEXP

magnusEXP Portuguese Wha-Freak!

another note from Porugal animated season aired on cable channel and I´m completely updated in terms of episode guide...only thing is that the toy stocks are ridiculous no core characters such as the 1st party of autobots at least I bb but no...oh well

16. drrockso20

drrockso20 Well-Known Member

well that makes me gladder to be american

17. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I wanted to give International collectors a bit of info on what pricing the United States has now, since there's been a lot of people saying they're priced so much higher than us. Here is the basic jist of things now:

Legends - $5.99 (was $3.99)
    Bumber Battle - $6.99 (was $5.99)
    Activator - $7.99 (was $6.99)
    Deluxe - $12.99 (was $9.99)
    Voyager - $21.99 (was $19.99)
    Ultra - $26.99 (was $24.99)
    Leader - $44.99 (was $39.99)

Not entirely sure on the first three as I don't check those regularly.

18. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    How exactly is Animated doing in Japan? I can't remember at the moment if I heard anything regarding that or not.

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's airing almost every day here, toys are selling good too except for Blackarachnia and Ratchet.

No seriously, got to any store, one day the shelve is full, two days later, everything is gone except for 5 Blackarachnias and 4 Ratchets.

In fact sometimes it feels like MORE BLACKARACHNIAS came up out of nowhere!

20. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Our prices are being adjusted soon to match those, deluxes have already gone up, everything else will have the new prices when ROTF hits shelves. The exception being that Voyagers are going to £23 not £22.