How was your year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KA, Dec 11, 2011.

1. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jumping the gun a bit by a few weeks but i cooped myself indoors due to a cold n was feeling reflective:

- a bit of career change going the corporate route. Sellout! I here ya. Less time for goofing off but pays a lil better.
    - had my 2nd kid! Which coincided poorly with me returning to motorcycling (bought a kawi 650 to get the feel back so looking into upgrading to a ducati next year)
    - movie i was looking fwd to most was cars 2 (only okay) but ryan gosling in drive was a good surprise. Didnt pick up any new acts this year music wise but finally caught gnr...well half of gnr (slash) and whitesnake live.
    - fave toy this year is...wreckgar! MP rodimus is up there but i just love some junkions.

How was 2011 for u guys?

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It has went well for most of the year, except at the beginning of it where something personal in my family happened which I won't talk about.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Worst year of my life.

Broke up with my girlfriend of four and a half years.
    Was forced to move house by myself and now I can barely afford to pay the costs of living.
    Suffered consecutive chest and ear infections over a period of two months.
    Had my car suffer two major problems costing £100s to repair.
    My PC hard drive failed, meaning I lost everything, all my files, photos and 1000s of iTunes tracks. This also cost a small fortune to get replaced.
    My Grandfather died (his funeral was on my birthday).

Honestly I can't wait to see the back of this piece of shit year.

4. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    One of the worst years of my life. One of my best friends passed away and I still can't get over it.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Broke up with my girlfriend of 4 years
    Moved into my new apartment, totally SHOT my plans to buy a house

On the positive side

Got my sweet job
    Kept the dog (She tried to steal him from me:2c: )
    and I'm happy. You can't put a price on that:2c: 

6. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

So-and-so.

Work cut everyone's hours from 3:30 - 9:30 PM instead of 11:30 PM
    Got a cat in the middle of July (brother found him when he was a kitten)
    Had my upper left tooth removed due to a cavity (which hurt like hell) in March

Hopefully next year will be a good one.

7. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    The only thing that made this year worth wild was watching THE BIG 4 in April.

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    My life has been in the same rut since eighth grade, with little it deviate from it.

That said, I rather enjoy it. School wasn't too bad, I pulled credit. Summer was pretty much me sitting on my ass and drinking soda for three months, and yeah. This year has been better overall, but I fluctuate a lot. Periods of trying hard, being a slacker, then furiously playing catch-up.

Broke up with a girlfriend, though. Wasn't too ugly.

Finally committed to butchering the art of guitar playing.

Friend of mine moved back to good ol' Lehi. Been good times since.

Yeah. Kinda the same old shit, but it wasn't too bad.

9. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Not bad

....only true good things were getting United Jazz and Alpocalypse.

10. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Boring........ like every year :/

11. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    - Broke up with girlfriend at beginning of year
    - Got rejected from university of choice, meaning I'd have to move to the other end of the country to get a good postgrad degree
    - Found a better girlfriend
    - Enjoying MA course

So yeah, not too bad on reflection :) 

12. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much sucked. Started the year with two jobs, ended it with just one... lost the one for a stupid reason. Still can't get a job in the field I went to school for (graphic design)... I'm too old and the bulk of my experience comes from a company that doesn't exist anymore; they went out of business in 2009, which started this downward spiral I can't break out of. I look back on the past few years and really, the only bright spots I see involve Transformers. Hate to say it on a Transformers message board, but that seems sad to me.

Well... I still have my house. My family is reasonably healthy. But man, what I wouldn't give to be able to stop living paycheck-to-paycheck, and to never again have to say, "Wow, I'd love to buy that, but... the money..."

13. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Hoo boy, where do I start?

-A friend of my father's died back in January.
    -Got a new job in July, but got foot pains. Went to the doctor and it turned out my feet were physically deformed, so I had to quit my job to get my feet fixed.
    -Went through surgery recently, and being in a cast sucks. But the walking cast comes off on the 20th, so I guess that's okay.
    -Spent money on Transformers toys when I could have saved it for games or movies instead.
    -The Dell Laptop with Windows Vista my mom gave me had gotten crappy, so I had to get a new one.
    -Had to renew my temps for...God, might as well be the fifth time. And chances are I'll have to do it again next year because my parents and my brother are always so goddamn busy with work and getting the house renovated to put up for sale if (or when) we move to Idaho.
    -Had a sinus infection.

So yeah...shitty year.

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me 2011 was better than 2010.

15. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Better than last year... although Summer went by too fast.

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

lousy, i spend most of the year paying my sister's bills because she doesn't know a damn thing of how to save money or to use a credit card responsibly.

i barely got any TFs this year and only a handful of video games titles that came out this year.

i didn't get any new clothing but thankfully i can rely on my mom to buy me some pants and my dad knows what kind of shirts i like.

good news is that at the rate im going i should be done helping my sister's credit bill by april.

i also had some kind of condition that caused the muscles in my right leg and buttcheek to gone stiff and caused me screaming pain. and i also found out that i have type 2 diabetes.

but the worse thing to happen this year was the death of my aunt, my dad's younger sister. due do a long battle with diabetes. Rest in Peace, Aunt Blanca.

17. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah!

Well, here goes:
    Jan.-Great! With a great kickoff month, what coulda gone wrong?
    Feb.-My wife lost her job, the engine in her car took a shit, my stepdaughter dumped her three kids on us and ran away to the other side of the state with her meth addiction while the marshals came o knocking every week looking for her! Big blowout with wife all but brought our marriage to a screeching halt!
    Mar.-Had to buy a minivan to tote all the little gbabies around. Coworker threw something and hit me in the face "in the name of just playing around" which resulted in me physically assaulting him. Fortunately two mutual friends were the only witnesses so we all decided to "brush it under the rug".

Apr.-Went to court and took guardianship of the kiddos.
    May-Our still newish refrigerator that was supposed to last several more years crapped out!
    Jun.-Was actually not bad.
    Jul.-Spent 4th of July wknd @ Grandpa's house where my jackass uncle tried to pull some b.s. with my wife. Cut the visit short to avoid fisticuffs.
    Aug.-Started experiencing pains/tightness in chest, predominantly left side.
    Sep.-Had to replace kitchen sink and under sink plumbing and replace one of our garage doors!
    Oct.-Believe it or not, was actually tame.
    Nov.-Phukking furnace went kaput! Started working out/excercising in order to save my health/sanity.
    Dec.-First week in, our oven died! We were using it to help heat our home until we can fix our furnace. Bought a new oven this wknd and a friend turned me onto a good bit of firewood!
    This has been one bitch of a year and I actually considered eating a bullet a couple of times, but we made it through! We now have a few new appliances, new vehicle, and most importantly three beautiful grandchildren which I will gladly raise until they're ready to head out into the world on their own! God I hope next year is better!

18. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

it was great(no, its not sarcasm) spent the first half of the year contemplating killing either myself or my father my friend went to jail after being falsely accused of attempted rape i didnt even know there was such a thing then the summer hit and everything was good nothing happened until last month broke up with my gf of 3 years got back together with her broke up again now i think but im not sure though we're back together and im getting a tablet for christmas you know parents gotta go shop with them to get what you want

19. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SUCKED.

First, my brother's been locked since May '10, so when my family wants to visit him I have to pay for it usually. Visited him 6 times, I paid 4 1/2 times. He's locked up in Virginia, and has been moved twice.

My entire collection had to be sold off, I went from having more than 99% of each US TF lines up until Cybertron(Had 100% of G1 except for 4-5 variants). Many MPs & Alt/BT and various japanese TFs, including MANY JapBW, like Burning, Clear, & Movie Convoys. Now I'm down to a bin of parts that need to be sold off, & less than 0.2% of my original collection.

Found out that my Uncle has mouth/throat cancer(Thanks SKOAL)

Been out of a job for too long

My 63 Valiant keeps screwing me over. Finally found a new hood, just for my stupid ass to fry the starter, and have a rod in my carb snap, while the rest is locked up.

Best thing was when I had my long hair I looked freaky, & my appearance scared people shitless. I miss my hair, alas I had to donate it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  20. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jan:did homework
    feb: did homework and got my permit
    mar: Did homework signed up for graduation
    april: Homework
    may: Prepared for graduation
    jun: Graduated finallly
    july: turned 18
    september: Started community college
    october: ...college
    November: College...
    Dec:College and registered to vote... then ticked off my parents :/

This is the best year of my life... for my life has started.