How was Unicron defeated in Armada?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fairlady_Z, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Simple question I know, but I never got that far in watching the series so I'm curious. I recall hearing something about mini-cons uniting since there was no Matrix, but details would be helpful.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yes, he was technically defeated, but, he came back in Energon, and was spoken about in Cybertron, so, theoretically, he can never be fully "defeated". I forget how it happened in Armada, but, I do think minicons played a good role in it.

3. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

there was a matrix...but it had NO importance. The kids apparently thought it was something importaint because the were concerned when prime took it ..out to fight galvatron.

and they killed unicron's consciousness/mindful form ,which was sideways. Prime shot him with the requim blaster. And then ole uni' disappered....er... flashed away.

4. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Details as I recall them. Please please correct my mistakes!

After Sideways got zorted, Prime and Galvatron realized that Unicron would just regenerate so long as their conflict existed (by his own words he was as everlasting as the war). So they had a big throwdown, and Galvatron conceded defeat by letting himself fall into Unicron's maw. This effectively ended the war through his death, and Unicron vanished in a big flash or somesuch.

Then in Energon, Alpha-Q (heehee) has apparently been in Unicron the whole time and just woke up, and decides to revive Unicron to have the big demigod belch his planet back out (from what I understand). Semi-repaired Unicron then gets totalled by giant growing Omega Supreme Prime. Galvatron and Starscream fly into the nova caused by his body to somethingsomething. I'm really vaguely recalling now.

In Cybertron, the huge black hole is apparently the void left by Unicron's last destruction.

It's been stated as an intended storypoint that Unicron never dies, just gets reduced down to base materials that eventually regenerate (I'm guessing driven by Transformer conflict). That's why late in the Cybertron line, there was that smaller tank Unicron with the skullface. It was supposed to be like his regenerated nucleus.

5. Alpha Prime

yea, it's close....

6. Alpha Prime

double post

7. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

And it was stated that Cybertron Soundwave and Sideways had something to do with Unicron's reformating into a tank, so he has the Planet X Cyberkey.

8. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Well, if you follow the Transformers Collector's Club magazine Cybertron comic (collected in the IDW Trade, Cybertron: Balancing Act) Cybertron Soundwave, used Universe Nemesis Prime's Dead Matrix to pull Unicron's spark out of the Singularity. Unicron's spark journeyed to a nearby planet and plunged the planet 's populace into chaos, giving him enough chaos energy to regenerate his new tank body.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You got Armada right, but left out a bit with Energon.

Prime fought Unicron at the halfway point of the series. Megatron was inside unicron at the time, controlling him. After Unicron was destroyed, Megatron was shown to have survived, due to an energy sphere that had surounded him. It was revealed that Unicron had been inside Megatron ever since he had come back. At this point he was actively taking control of Megatron's body. I believe Unicron afecting his emotions was the explanation for his sudden regression back to his old ways, and disregard of Unicron's return. In the end, Prime was able to convince Galvatron of this, and he fought Unicron's control. Knowing there was no way for him to fight it forever, he sacrificed himself again, by flying into the energon sun.

10. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

The answer to your question lies right here. Wikipedia is indeed our friend... if not more so than Google, on occasion. :) 

11. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I always found the Armada ending to be hokey. Unicon supposedly fed on the hate between Autobots and Decepticons, and the "death" of Galvatron was supposed to have ended that? Ended the fighting, at least for the time being, sure, but ended the hate? That's hippy nonsense.

12. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Unicron was defeated due to a violent case of genital herpes following an encounter with Arcee.