how was the music in TRANSFORMERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos328, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    im going to see transformers tonight at 8pm and i was wondering how the music was during the fight scenes and what not.

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Appropriate and uplifting, added to the scenes very well. Couldn't have asked for a better score imo

3. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Themeless, there weren't noticeable themes for each side it was like orchestral muzak. It does the job, though, you won't be disappointed.

4. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Mostly generic action fare, but there were some scenes were, as somebody put it, uplifting and awe-inspiring. For example, the music used when the Autobots arrived on earth, or the opening narration.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I only saw the movie once, but I did notice a distinct Autobot theme (or maybe it's Prime's theme? It's the one that plays when Prime first appears), and a very distinct 3-note Decepticon theme. The "Decepticon theme" would be this 3-note theme with a choir. Sounds kinda Gothic/Elfman-y.

But it's not anything that's horribly catchy. If anything, the music sounds like it was taken right out of Batman Begins.

If you want to know what to expect, just watch any Michael Bay movie, really. This movie's score isn't all that different from that of, say, The Rock.

I was disappointed by one part of the music though...sometime during the final battle, the music sort of makes a few references to the music in the second half of the final trailer, but it never reaches that point. I thought the music in the trailer was pretty damn catchy, and I thought the music was going to transition into the music from the trailer. But it never did. Eh. Small potatoes, really.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    shouldve been more elfman-ish, if not williams-ish.

as it is, generic bay score, but it works.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm downloading from itunes now. During the film, I thought it sounded a bit generic. I kept waiting for some awesome theme to pop up like X-Men has, but it never happened.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah. it was basic action movie score 101, couldve used a sci fi touch. i like how elfman has this hook where u can tell one movie from another. it didnt have to be the g1 tune, but couldve used a bit whimsy.