How was Optimus Prime stronger than The Fallen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironman, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

How is it that Optimus Prime was stronger than The Fallen?

I checked The Fallen's bio and it states that his strength and courage are infinity. Optimus Prime's strength and courage are limited at 10. Now, I understand that when Jetfire sacrificed himself in order for Prime to defeat both The Fallen and Megatron, his strength was GAWD (like Superman and Hulk. Maybe even stronger)! Jetfire said, "Prime, please, take my parts and you will have a power have never known." Jetfire's body parts must've given Prime extreme strength, fire power, courage, etc.

Now, prior to Prime's resurrection, The Fallen used his staph to lift like ten planes and ten tanks in the air and drop them like they were lightweight toys. During the final battle, how is it that The Fallen is defeated so quickly when The Fallen is supposed to be alot more powerful than Optimus Prime?

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I think Prime killed The Fallen because he had Jetfire underwear and a rushed ending :mad 

3. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Yes, he is *supposed* to be.

I don't think Bay and Co. really gave alot of thought to an *all powerful, apocalyptic transformer* He was powerful, but they could have had Prime fight him AT LEAST the same length Prime fought Megatron in Movie 1

4. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

He's Prime, man.
    And it0s just a cardboard promoting a toy.
    Chill, it doesn't really matter.
    All that matters is that Prime kicked his ass.

5. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

There's NO doubt in my mind that the ending was rushed. Budget problems. Bay was running out of money.:( 

6. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

As much as I prefer Decepticons to Prime and the Autobots, Prime was pretty cool in this movie....probably the Prime fans have been waiting for for ages.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From a technical standpoint, you could simply say he was super powered by getting ressurrected from the Matrix, and Jetfire helped to. Yeah, he was drowsy at first, but he had a lot to take in. From a mythological standpoint, it was prophecized that only a Prime could kill him, so he probably had the backing of Transformer Gods or whatever to fullfill the prophecy. From a budgetary standpoint, they made the fight short and sweet to save money.

I thought it was personally satisfying to see him mop the floor with The Fallen and Megatron at one time.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Matrix power + Jetfire power + Let's face it, the Fallen was probably without alot of energy after all that time in a life support throne = Prime wins

Now now, if the Fallen was in his prime at the moment, I bet somebody else's face would be had.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Bay finished the movie under budget >_>

10. malteselegacy

malteselegacy Galvatron

I agree. They wasted so much screen time with the Pretender angle and with the whole college angle that they probably ran out of cash to have a kick ass ending. I timed the ending and from the point where Prime reaches the top of the pyramid to fight Megatron and the Fallen to the end of the movie was about 3 minutes and 45 seconds...not much time to have the final battle in my opinion!

11. montague78

montague78 For Cybertron!!

Ya i definitely agree!! That final battle should have been alot longer and alot more epic! Bay was running out of Bay funds!!
    But i love the movie still.

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, one should take into account The Fallen is still physically older than Prime and not quite a match in combat. He has his supernatural powers, but it seemed Optimus just flew past these and handed it to him. Imagine if Aragorn jumped on Saruman and knocked him out despite the telekinetic and flamethrowing powers of his staff.

13. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

as cool as the fight between prime/blackout,SS,Megs they should of made that shorter and the end fight longer.

prime IMHO looked way to powerfull against the 3 of them.
    in the first movie prime struggled against megs yet he handles the the 3 of them like there chumps in ROTF.

prime should of died quickly at the hands of megs........and then the last fight coulda been alot better.

14. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

I think Prime held back in the first movie going all out because of all the humans around. That's just my theory. Primes greatest weakness has always been his concern for life.

15. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Prime was able to take on the Fallen for the same reason Rodimus Prime was able to take on Galvatron - the power of the Matrix was unleashed on him.

16. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Well, i guess that's what the Fallen meant by 'only a Prime could defeat him'. Only Optimus had the strength of a Prime within him to defeat the Fallen (enhanced by combining with Jetfire).

But what i want to know now is: does Optimus possess any powers of the original Primes similar to the Fallen's (telekinetic force, warping teleportation)? Maybe these could be abilities he has within him but that he never learnt to harness?

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime had Matrix Magic, Dead Jetfire Parts, and Jetfire's Magic Stick crammed somewhere in there. That has to help.

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

If you combine Prime and Jetfires tech specs it ends up as 10+ on everything.

So i can see why Prime defeated him so easily.

19. Swoop86

Swoop86 Gestalt

He had the touch,

The touch of I WANT YO FACE AND NOBODYS GONNA STOP MEH

20. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

Oh yeah!

I think The Fallen was surprised at Primes return, and how quickly Prime defeated Megatron.. Plus theres the Fallen's stick thing that Prime stuck there the Fallen, then had him in a head lock, then give me yo face, then I rise you fall.

I may not be able to a wrestler head on, but if I managed to surprise him, stab him, head lock him, rip off his face and put my arm through him and crush his heart in front of whats left of his face, he might not be able to beat me very easily...

MTL