how was Botcon 2010 compared to 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by A.Prime, Jun 29, 2010.

1. A.Prime

A.Prime Well-Known Member

I never went this year but will go to 2011 and just want to know is botcon better when it coincides with the movies

also looking at the guests and stuff didn't match up to last year

Thanks

2. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We're guessing it'll be nice. A lot of people are angered that it's in Pasadena again but we find it highly suspicisous that:

1) They know the date and location this early
    2) The date coincides with a few weeks before the release of the third movie
    3) The location is close to hollywood and last year there was a great paramount party
    4) Hasbro announced the date and location, not Funpub.

3. A.Prime

I HOPE its in CA as I will fly to America and see friends in LV after, the most IMPORTANT things is I want the dates ASAP

EDIT

I just found the link

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/botcon-2011-location-revealed-170064/

Hang on, that means we won't see the film will we as I believe the 3rd movie is supposed to be coming out 1st July. I attended Botcon 2009 as I said and we saw some small crappy snipnets which I couldn't believe

4. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A few of us found it suspicious as well. The way the Saturday night dinner went and the announcement of Botcon 2011 done by Hasbro and not FunPub makes a few of us wonder if FunPub is slowly getting pushed into doing certain things to even "further" the franchise on another front. Hasbro does pretty much own FunPub since their business is based upon Transformers AND GI Joe. So it could be a good thing or bad. Still on the fence and only time will tell.

But I wonder if Hasbro wants to make a SDCC type convention for their products. To have Transformers, GI Joe, My Little Pony's etc in one large place would be huge for them. Tie things in with the HUB, new video games and we have a very Hasbro-centric event as opposed to just a convention about Transformers.

5. A.Prime

EXCUSE ME dude

6. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was just throwing stuff out there. :lol 
    Could have said Candy Land or something like that (I think they own that property) Hasbro owns the rights to Scrabble in the US. Combo Transformers, GI Joe and Scrabble together. That'll be a weird bunch.