How Unicron in TF3 could work, in my opinion.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Recall, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    What if Unicron is simply used as something Megatron created as a last resort to finally defeat Prime?

Megatron is embarrased and humilated at his latest defeat and wants to finally get rid of Prime along with Earth too. The autobots must rise to the task and stop this latest threat, hopefully saving Earth and its people from Unicron while finally stopping Megatron.

Maybe we can get Unicron upgrading Megatron into Galvatron (as a sign of desperation) for some epic final battle scenes? Or is that too weak of a story outline to make a move off of?

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    IMO, if Unicron is going to be in TF3, he needs to have a major role; more than just an upgrade type thing.

But, maybe I'm reading your post wrong. Are you talking about a vintage G1 movie uprade scene with Unicron and Megatron and that's it? Or does Unicron have more of a role?

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I meant. Megatron builds Unicron making him a true decepticon and giving Unicron the intention of destroying Earth. At some point during the final battle of Megatron vs. Prime, Megatron gets Unicron to upgrade him into Galvatron to make him stronger and overcome Prime. Unicron wouldn't be armour just re-format or change Megatron. Trying to give a twist on the whole galvatron/Unicron thing since its movie-verse and not G1.

I don't like having Unicron as this major role thing, why can't the main cast be given the major roles. I don't want eleventy billion new robots really.

Edit: I would have Unicron to be the size of the moon, and have it as something that tries to devour parts of the Earth so I suppose it is really tying it to the G1 verse. Oh well.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  4. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I think Unicron would do better as something that The Fallen built as a hidden last resort and left behind rather than something Megatron built, if only because that explains why it can upgrade Megatron but he can't upgrade himself. Although it would be fulfilling The Fallen's original role, I'm not sure I'd like Unicron as being The Fallen's master because that would make Unicron the man behind the man behind the man.

I think that for the movieverse, the best implementation of Unicron would be something like he was in Armada--a major threat that forces an uneasy alliance between the Autobots and Decepticons, while still setting the stage for an epic final showdown, one-on-one, between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

As for the Galvatron aspect, I could see Megatron upgrading himself into Galvatron between movies since he now knows the power that Optimus Prime has access to--which would also create an interesting "arms-race" kind of dynamic when Optimus realizes that he no longer has Jetfire's armor but Megatron's much more powerful.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron is the evil brother of Primus, the creator of the AllSpark, I don't want to see anything else needlessly overcomplicating the mythos.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Prepare to be disappointed then.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I can definitely see where you're coming from now. I could get into something like that and maybe you are right, eleventy billion more robots would suck ass.

8. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'd rather have something like starscream killing off megatron, accidentally dumps him next to prime and jolt, and whammo...

GUILTAR

On to the topic, i'd rather have something like Unicron appearing from another dimension or something, and the AUtobots have to find out how to lock the wormhole from opening. While in the other hand the Decepticons try to unlock the wormhole, and the stage is finally set for the most epic battle.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I say nay. That contradicts his singularity nature and thus it really effs up the underlying multiversal mythology.

10. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

My concern isn't so much the origins of Unicron (although having Robot Satan would go nicely with the Robot Heaven we saw in RotF), but how he is portrayed. Unicron as he exists in the various fictions where he appears is simply too damn big to make interesting beyond his first few moments on screen. Once the shock of "Holy Hell, that thing is gigantic!" wears off, viewers are going to expect to see some sort of fight. While the comics and cartoons have the luxury of a (distractingly) pliable sense of scale, CGI doesn't have the same option when compared to other CGI, because the models have three-dimensional permanence.

What I'm saying is that showing actual interaction between Unicron and anything smaller than a planetoid is going to be impossible. He is comparable in size to Cybertron, which is (at a minimum) about 4,000 miles across. Bay is going to have to size him down considerably, probably to several miles tall. And the fanboys will bitch.

The G1 cartoon already threw a monkey wrench in that idea.

11. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    The question, for me, really isn't "Can Unicron work in TF3?". It's really more along the lines of "Do I really want him to be used for the kajillionth time?".

Can't we come up with a cooler and more creative villain, instead of saying "Well, since it's time to end the series, let's bust out Unicron again". I don't dislike Unicron, but he's starting to feel a bit redundant.

One guy (I can't remember his name), suggested the use of Violenjaegaer, which is a great pick (although his name is dumb)! He's very obscure, so there can be plenty of liberties taken with his design, personality, and origin (and his name could be changed). Also, he has the power to bring fallen Transformers back to life, which is just awesome.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    true, but the TF mythology as a whole wasn't yet solidified at that point in time. Let's not retcon the retcon here.

13. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

:-/, :-\, :-|

Unicron should ONLY be mentioned in TF3. If they put Unicron in TF3, guys, I'm willing to bet you my paycheck that TF3 WILL BE A TOTAL DISASTER FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!!

Think about it.

Plus, they probably couldn't afford to make Unicron. He'll be like five times larger that Devastator.....and Devastator was HUGE and EXPENSIVE!

Lmao at Unicron should BE in TF3. ROLMMFAO. OMG!

/shakes head

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:

What a fantastic and enlighting post. The years of wisdom just bellow from this outstanding contribution.

15. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

:-/

16. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am telling you guys, Unicron should be an incoporeal conciousness that can infect sparkless (ie-dead) Transformers, creating a "We are Legion for we are many" demon concept. He desires to infect all Transformers, forcing the Decepticons and Autobots to work together. When he realizes the danger posed by Optimus Prime (who either recovered the Matrix or posses its power in his spark), he corrupts Megatron and gives him the power of a "Prime" to become Galvatron and defeat his brother. Of course, Megatron now serves no master and only used it to have Unicron take a physical form by gathering up ALL the fallen TFs into a massive body.

Of course, the Military, surviving Autobots and Decepticons come to help and a new, young Autobot by the name of Rodimus just happens to be the physical incarnation of Primus, who sacrifices his life to destroy Unicron. This results in the recreation of the Allspark, which then creates a new Cybertron. The TFs take their war back to Cybertron and Sam is named the ambassador.

17. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow.

I really like that, do you want to expand that for the fanfic forum? In the comics Primus' astral form resembled Rodimus too.

18. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    *Standing ovation*

I'll pay to watch that. I really like the whole idea of the All-spark being recreated and is used to replenish their home world, thats a really cool concept.

19. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HA! I didn't know that! I actually toyed around (as this has been going through my head since I saw ROTF), with not having Primus appear, but a herald of Primus who is a techno-organic gorrilla. I little shout out to Primal and the concept of the multiverse. But I think I like it better with the movieverse being its own thing that will be, retroactively, worked into the multiverse (like most other continuities).

Well that makes me really happy. I would love to be a screen writer and am actually currently working on a novel that I hope will eventually see life as a film as well.

Stuff like this is sort of a creative exercise for me. A sort of "how would I do that?" thing. I also worked out reboots/sequels/film concepts for:

Godzilla (a reboot using the original Gojira as a general prequel)

Superman (a reboot consisting of 2 trilogies, the first dealing with Superman discovering his identity and the second with him creating a family)

Sonic the Hedgehog (a film based on a combination of the games, comic books and television series)

And several others I can't think of at the moment.

20. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the ideas brought up here.

Personally I'd love to see Unicron in some form. I'm open to a new portrayal of the character. :)  Even if he's just a planet (due to budget), I'm sure it'll be an epic film.