How to train your dragon cast members to return for sequel.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Nov 20, 2010.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  2. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I knew they were making a show, but it's coming on Cartoon Network? That's kinda shocking, since The Penguins of Madagascar was on Nick.

If Dragon is coming to Cartoon Network, doesn't sound like Penguins has too much longer to go. Huh.

I have a bad feeling Dreamworks is gonna run this movie into the ground like with Shrek, since Dragon is the new flagship franchise. But time will tell.

Gerard Butler - Stoick, Hiccup's dad - wasn't mentioned among the returning voice actors. Hmm.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

That would be a real shame, given Dragon was one of their more decent animated films.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    They'll do their best to try.

It's a very risky business and they do what they can to minimise that risk. Dreamworks has a lot at stake with each film. Riding on a franchise like Shrek brought a lot of stability to the studio.

5. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't realize HTTYD did that well in theatres? I got a DVD copy for myself last week, and enjoyed it.

6. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I knew about the show but not the sequel. I think the movie lends itself better to a series than another movie, but I guess we're getting both. In any case, it was my favourite movie of the year (so far, but I don't think that will change) so I'm rather optimistic about getting more out of it.

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    How To Train Your Dragon was actually the opposite of what normally happens. It was a slow starter but positive word of mouth brought in more and more movie goers and it garnered incredibly positive reviews from both professionals and audiences alike.

Me personally, I fell in love with it. Saw it three times in cinemas and have watched my Blu-Ray and digital back up on my iPhone more times than I can count. It's characters are all unique in their own special ways and the many different kinds of dragons make it a joy. Toothless especially is their crowning glory who transcends the limitations of the non-talking dragon by virtue of excellent design and clever sound work.

[​IMG]

I am a happy dragon to know this.

8. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Waiting til Friday to get the DVD. Target has it for $9

9. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HTTYD was one of the year's BIG surprises for me at the cinema - I usually approach Dreamworks CG-animated movies with very low expectations after the likes of Antz, Shrek, Madagascar, that one with the fish, etc etc - more often than not they'll give us something with a pedestrian plot involving talking animals doing things that you'd usually expect from humans. HTTYD showed that when they put some effort into it, they can produce something comparable with Pixar. I saw it at the cinema and it was a very rare case of 3D shots being used to great effect, something Toy Story 3 seemed to miss.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, I liked HTTYD, but I don't think it needed a sequel or a spinoff series. But I guess the franchise is profitable, and thus, such things were inevitable.

11. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Wal-Mart has it for $7

12. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

It's based off a book series, so unless the author writes more books, it will have an end.

13. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    That isn't true Cruellock... I mean, yes, it's based off a series of books, but from what I'm told, the movie deviated so far from the books it's based off of that really the only thing it shares is the base concept. Dreamworks could string this out for as long as they want, really.

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Yeah, they really made the most of the 3D. It made the flying scenes all the more breathtaking, the materials felt like you could reach out and touch them, and it really helped the sense of scale with that dragonzilla bit.

Nice to see a movie actually using the technology for all it's worth, rather than just doing it just for the sake of hoping on the bandwagon.