How to tell the new KO Reissues apart from authentic toys.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JunkersHVN, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Agent781

Agent781 Member

YouTube:
    When it comes to ko figures I think it best to not get them from eBay. To many scammers selling ko figures of the ko figures. If that makes sense

2. SentaiTFMechaLover

SentaiTFMechaLover Well-Known Member

so good price deal? ya it seems almost impossible to find Beachcomber, Seaspray, Warpath, vintage G1 in the double-digit price range.

3. SentaiTFMechaLover

which is the best site to purchase vintage G1 TF figures that are real, not fake? and still in their box?

4. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Always negotiate.

Hard to tell. I used eBay alot. I used to buy quite abit with a different account but lost interest afterwards. There wans't many KOs around that time. Furthermore, I have family leaving in Hong Kong.

Nowadays, things are abit different to say the least, with so many high quality KO around and also awareness o behalf of seller. My advice would be to do abit of market research and shop around. I heard there is also a G1 transformers group and MISB group on facebook but I'm not invoved in either.

5. SentaiTFMechaLover

so sounds like from an individual seller is what you recommend

6. SentaiTFMechaLover

7. dancel

dancel Member

Just got it from ages three and up, is this a misprint on the transformers name? Shouldn’t it be an autobot logo? Hopefully not a ko.

Attached Files:

8. SentaiTFMechaLover

ya I want them in their box, unopened, because I want to get them signed by their voice actor, so I take it that Warpath is real, authentic, not a KO?

9. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  10. SentaiTFMechaLover

ya I just need final confirmation to know if that Warpath is authentic, real, and not a knockoff, counterfeit, because i'm considering getting it.

11. SentaiTFMechaLover

well anyway, I bought, ordered that Warpath

12. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Who are good sellers or good places to buy knock-off G1 transformers from that have good prices as well? I know some like to do a huge mark up on them from what I've read.

Years ago had bought some G1 knock-off's from ioffer based on seller recommendations here, but those sellers aren't there anymore. And I almost bought from a seller on ioffer before I realized they had some MISB vintage G1 listings that they had taken pics from another website selling the item. So that meant they were a fraud seller.

Been wanting to get the Dinobots for a while now, and I don't believe Takara/Hasbro will ever release the G1 versions.

13. jasonsmith

That's the bad thing about KOs. G1 Transformers are real expensive for some reason. And you just can't go buy loose high dollar G1 figures anymore due to massive amount of knock-off G1 figures floating around. It's hard enough to keep an eye out and ask questions to get a figure that's in real good condition, let alone also having to keep an eye out on fakes.

Luckily most of the G1 figures I would want have been officially reissued. Other than the Dinobots. Which makes things a little easier if you don't mind getting the official reissue version.

I also just can't buy loose original G1 figures because you know Transformers are going to have a high amount of wear on them compared to something like TMNT or Thundercats or He-Man.

I remember in the late 90's, before eBay, buying loose Transformers from sellers in the back of magazines. And they'd arrive being the wrong Transformers, or in junk condition.

14. jasonsmith

Also, you have to be careful with knock-off listings. Many of them they'll show the KO in MISB. But then they'll use an official or reissue version for the close up pics of the loose "KO" figure. It's real easy to tell this when they use reissue Soundwave, or the loose Optimus Prime has the "factory" stickers on it, but the stickers aren't there in the pics of the MISB.