how to tell the difference between g1 and takara re-issue starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blahduh, Mar 22, 2007.

1. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

Any ideas? I don't want to get ripped off by some reissue which claims to be the real thing.(Loose)

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Somehow, I don't think that'll be too much of an issue.

Takara's bookstyle reissue was dubbed "anime" Starscream because of it's cartoon-accurate colours with the lighter blue, orange cockpit glass, and had a hole in his right fist so he could hold the included Megatron gun.

Barring that, Takara had a previous reissue which was identical to the G1 release, but I'm pretty sure the run on those was limited enough that those reissues are somewhat valuable in their own right (or maybe just Ironhide and Trailbreaker, since they haven't seen a more recent re-release). At least, I'm not sure why you'd care if the toys are virtually identical.

3. blahduh

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude, in the 1st place thats a bit overpriced considering hes been reissued numerous times.

even for a vintage.

you should be looking at less than 50 (prolly abt 25-40) for a loose vintage at this point.

at 80 you can get sunstreaker, mirage, wheeljack which havent been reissued.

5. blahduh

Well, it's actually quite hard to find a complete vintage starscream in ebay at this point, most of them are in-complete, and if you try to buy the parts seperately they cost alot. Also this one has excellent joints(according to the seller) and from the screenshots all stickers are in good condition except one on the knee.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The #22 Starscream was IIRC, a recolored G2 Seeker. - The Giveaway would be the copyright info on the leg. Not something that can really be spotted in an auction though.

I'm not an expert, but it looks to me like the wings are the short peg variant... but the canopy is the ridged version. I'm wondering if that's one Starscream pieced together from two variants.