How to tell a gf of this hobby?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Nov 10, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I recentl started datting and all signs point for this to be steady relationship. My question is, how do you told your gf that you collected transformers and what was her reaction?

2. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

Easy, I said, *pointing to TFs* "I get lots of these, or you get none of this." *pointing at crotch*

*girls walks out door*

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just be honest, if she's cool with it, great. If she becomes a fan too, fantastic!

4. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Well in my case I hadn't really started collecting when I met my wife. I had my old G1 toys from when I was a kid, but I wasn't into tf's anymore. RID came out after we were married, so she didn't really have much of a choice. Once I had seen Transformers were vehicles again, my interest in them was rekindled. I haven't looked back since, much to my wifes dismay, lol.

For your case, I would just say introduce them to her slowly. That way you can guage her reaction. Start with something small and just go from there.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Just tell her when the opportunity presents itself, i.e. whenever the subject of hobbies comes up. It's not like it's against the law or sinful to collect TFs.

When we were still going steady, I told my wife-to-be about my TF collecting, and she was like, "Oh wow! I have a few TFs, too!" It made my day.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, this is like telling girls you're into anal sex or NASCAR or something else awkward to put out there.

Just say, "Hey, I can't remember if I told you this, but I'm really into Transformers. It's a little ridiculous, but I don't know, I just like 'em."

Then answer her questions, which she'll have (Really? How many? Really?), and it's all good.

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Is this even really an issue? It's not like you rape small animals or something.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Plastic crack, as awesome as it is, is a legitimate cock block. Figure out how to make it a non-issue and you're golden!
    DN

9. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just tell her, if its your hobby its nothing to be ashamed of. When i told my gf she thought it was cool and she now has a collection of her own.

10. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Once I told my girl about my collection, she kicked me out of the house and now I sleep outside and use my collection as a pillow...

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

For me, the first movie-date I ever took my GF on was to Transformers a year ago, and she absolutley LOVED the movie! I told her about my collection afterwards, and she's alright with it...as long as SHE comes first. That's why she's threatening to cut my legs off if I don't take her to see TF:ROTF, but not like I wasn't planning to take her to the sequel, anyways, so I don't think I'll be wheelchair bound anytime soon:p 

12. Mad_Jester

Mad_Jester Wreckers

NASCAR and anal sex isn't awkward. Especially as the same time, cause then you can both watch the race.

13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lolol 

14. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Up front and honest is the only way to go. If she can't deal with it then she's not for you. As long as you don't let it totally drain your bank account and get in the way of bills and such it's a harmless hobby.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

In my opinion, it shouldn't even be a problem. Let's reverse the question. How would you feel if your gf told you she collects My Little Pony toys?

I know I wouldn't care.

If your girl really wants to cause a fuss over your hobby, then you might want to rethink the relationship.

16. Sideways

Sideways Banned

"Baby, Honey, Do you see those over there?"

*points to TFs*

" Huh? What do you mean it's a dumb hobby? I know little kids play with them but I collect them.But honey I do act my age! DONT YOU THROW THEM OUT THE WINDOW!! "

*this never happened..*

17. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    i usually just get all drunk with them and be like oh yeah check this out *opens toy room door* ive got different reactions but the night still never ends without gettin alittle hah

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I build Gundams, have all sorts of DC & Marvel figures around my room, anime poster and wallscrolls, and I just got really into collecting Classics. My girlfriend doesn't mind. So long as she gets the loving and never feels second place to them.

19. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

im only into chicks who are into similar things as me.

i love yuri,they love yaoi.

i love anime they love anime.

i love comics and manga they love comics and manga.

i love transformers they...well i havnt met any girls into transformers but if they meet the other requirements then they usualy dont have any room to say anything about my hobbies.

what can i say,im a nerd and i love nerdy girls.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This is what you call doing it right.