How to skip Combiner Wars?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by M Alex, Sep 1, 2017.

1. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Hi,
    I recently discovered stared reading the comics, and am following the reading order pinned to this forum. I've finished Dark Cybertron, and am making my way to the newer stuff. I've read the bits of combiner wars that came with some toys, and I don't want to read CW or purchase the comics.
    I've finished fRiD collection 6, and I don't know what I should skip. Should I get fRiD 7? I liked 6, and would want to know how things ended up.
    Which collections (I buy from comixology) should I skip? Can I just skip the ones mentioned on TFWiki, oris there something that is worth reading (for example because it starts a new plot etc.)?

2. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Just keep getting the numbered RID (later renamed just The Transformers) collections.

The six-issue Combiner Wars story itself was collected in its own book, so if you want to skip that, there are no issues in the RID books.

RID Vol. 7 is labelled as "Combiner Wars - First Strike", but that was basically a retroactive thing for marketing purposes. They weren't a Combiner Wars thing when they were originally being released. Whilst it does lead into CW to a degree, it's also necessary if you want to keep reading the main RID story going forward.

The issues in RID Vol. 7 were all packed in with toys, though, so you may have read some already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I got most of the toys without the comic books (they had collectors' cards instead), and the one's that I read (and didn't like) were part of the six-issue book you mention, so that won't be a problem.
    Thanks for the advice I truly appreciate it! I didn't want to waste my money on something I know I won't like, but I didn't want t miss out on the earth plot that started in RID vol. 6.

4. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Hey, the pinned reading order is dead and massively outdated, you can find some current ones here or here.

• Like Like x 1