How to replace a part on a defective Takaratomy transformer?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rotorstorm, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I recently recieved an arms micron breakdown and he's a great figure all for one aspect and that would be that he came with two right feet.

I would hate to send the entire figure away after waiting so long to get him in hand so is there any way to get a spare left foot from somewhere? How would one go about contacting Takara anyway?

I am aware I could return to seller but this was TakaraTomy's fault so would rather just get a spare left foot from somewhere.

2. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Takara does not do any customer service outside of Japan. So that route is pretty much shut off.
    I'd say seller is responsible for the product he's selling...

3. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

if the seller has ways to return/get credit from the whole seller who in turn can it from takara than yeah, but it's kinda mean to ask an individual seller who has no mean of dealing with takara to take it back to refund you because takara screwed up.

4. castdream475

castdream475 Well-Known Member

Yeah unless you live in Japan there is no way to replace the part. You will just have to contact the seller and see what he can do.

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, if it was an ebay purchase, talk to the seller and see if they have a means of returning it if you ship it back. I had a vehicon come missing a hand, and the seller said they would take it back, but needed the packaging so they could return it to their supplier (guessing it was a retail outlet they bought it from). But if you go that route, make sure you watch for the 45 day dispute deadline. The person who sold it to me was polite, but kept saying that they never got it, until finally I had to file a dispute on the 44th day and they gave me a refund on the spot. I think they were holding out in hopes that their kind words would lead me to letting the deadline pass.

The listing for the item I purchased said "unused, unbroken", so as much as it wasn't their fault, I took unbroken to mean that it wouldn't be missing a piece.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If your seller is one of the big online stores (BBTS, Robotkingdom) contact them. If the leg is easily replaceable and they have any spare junked ones in stock they may just send you the piece.