How to repair MP08 Grimlock led lighting mechanism?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wiswis, Jan 13, 2011.

1. wiswis

wiswis Member

Hey guys, my mp08 failed to glow up as I wondered there was a malfunctioning on the led lighting system. I couldn't change a new one as I got this piece from ebay bidding and the seller simply couldn't offer any prove of purchase. Do I need to change the led lighting by myself? How to do it? I've tried to loosen the screws on the arm but I couldn't detach the arm from its shoulder. Is that any proper procedure to take the led out and change it?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Have you tried just changing the battery?

3. wiswis

wiswis Member

I've changed new batteries indeed, nothing happened as usual. I guess can I open up the right palm or something and change a new led to fix it?

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's very unlikely that the LED itself is damaged. Open up the arm and check that the wire connections are all secure.

5. wiswis

wiswis Member

How many joints do I need to unscrew? Shoulder, elbow or wrist? What I mean is the joint connecting the shoulder is very difficult to open up as there are totally 4 screws from the inner gap of the arm next to its shoulder. Is it safe to detach all the joints of the right arm as well?

6. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    You probably should have asked this in the toy discussion area, you may have got more and better responses

7. wiswis

wiswis Member

Thank you.

8. wiswis

wiswis Member

Hey guys, my mp08 failed to glow up as I wondered there was a malfunctioning on the led lighting system. I couldn't change a new one as I got this piece from ebay bidding and the seller simply couldn't offer any prove of purchase. Do I need to change the led lighting by myself? How to do it? I've tried to loosen the screws on the arm but I couldn't detach the arm from its shoulder. Is that any proper procedure to take the led out and change it? BTW, I have changed the batteries already but it still failed to glow up.

9. wiswis

wiswis Member

Can someone help me?

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think there's all that much experience on the subject to go around. Just crack it open yourself, carefully, noting where all the parts go. It's not going to be a complex electrical system, and his arm joints aren't ratcheted, so there shouldn't be too much to worry about.

11. wiswis

wiswis Member

Thanks, I'll try it later.

12. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Hopefully you can get that working. I bought a Universe Hardhead last month without the lights and sirens working thinking I could fix it. Opened it up and there was a whole mesh of wires that I couldn't fix.

13. wiswis

wiswis Member

It really sucks if that is a whole bunch of mess! Time to think about whether it really works.