how to remove the flames on the BIS/RTS Rodimus Prime.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tb-1599, Feb 18, 2011.

1. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

Untill I can get a classics Rodimus to go with my protector armor I have to deal with my BIS/RTS Rodimus I do plan on modding it a little. I want to paint the windows,Wheels and his weapon black, and get the reprolabels for the hood and side. But I cant remember off the top of my head are the "flames" that are currently on their painted on or stickers?( at work right now so I cant look) If painted what the best way to remove them without ruining the plastic?

2. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

They are painted on. I can't think of any releases outside of G1 reissues that have included stickers in a long time. 90% rubbing alcohol can help remove the paint, but the Reprolabels set will completely cover those flames so you don't need to worry about it, honestly.

Here's a pic of my BIS Rodimus with the Reprolabels set:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You'll need to do some trimming for the hood flames and the side flames because the red on the stickers is darker than the plastic since the set was made for Classics Rodimus.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    91% isopropyl alchohol. You should disassemble/separate the parts that have paint you want to remove, from the parts that you aren't working on, because the alcohol will eat away at those paint apps real fast.

4. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

The RTS Hotrod has more yellow high lights not really flames inc the hood witch is solid yellow Paint, Wish they used transparent glass on dis mol like da Henkie/Classic anywho still luv da bot... Sorry no clue how ta remove the paint...

5. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

see thats the big thing about this one that bothers me. The gray wheels and the gray gun are not a bigge I can just paint those and cover the flames with labels but the painted windows bug me to no end. I want to paint them like a metalic blue or something like that.