Customs: How to remove the door from classics sunstreaker?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by megatronatlas, Dec 25, 2010.

1. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

Has anyone attempted to remove the door from the arms of classics sunstreaker? If you have, How did you do that. The arms fit perfectly on Generations Thunderwing, and I am wanting at some point remove the door from the arms. Any Help from anyone, or advice.

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    The doors are on a peg type of ball joint (if that makes sense at all--lol). All you need to do is pop them off, no tools needed.

Good luck with your custom. It sounds interesting, so share it up once you get to work.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, the doors themselves can just be pulled off the arms. If you want to remove the black swivel brackets that the doors are mounted on, you'll need to take the two pins out of each arm.

4. megatronatlas

My thunderwings are going to become Starscream,TC,SW. I got the arms off its the screw for the doors themselves. Heres pics of what i am talking about.

I marked in red the door. I cant get the forearm off and cant get to the screw to remove the door. The plan is to have null rays attached in the spot where the screw holds the door in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. megatronatlas

Got it thanks problem solved yeppee. My wife noticed it. thanks for the advice and help.

edit: For the null rays I will have to thicken up the pegs on the null rays. I am looking for the cam now to take pics to show it

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Yeah dude, like we mentioned, just pull 'em off. You'll have to apply a bit of pressure, but you should be able to pop the doors off fairly easily. This will leave the black swivel bracket that Ramrider mentioned. They have the hole in them and you should be able to find a way to peg null rays into that.

7. megatronatlas

kids have the cam with them, so i will show this the first chance i get when they get home.

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I like the way you think; I hadn't even thought of that. :p  The holes in the brackets are closer to 6mm than 5, but that could easily be padded out with a couple of thin coats of superglue or something round the edge...

9. megatronatlas

I thought about that as well.