Customs: How to remove HFTD Leader Prime's Facial "Battle Damage"?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Gilgamesh, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Hello, I think the title pretty much explans my question. I might have to settle for this version instead of regular Prime, and while it's still pretty awesome, it has that weird black spot on its face. The rest of the battle damage is pretty cool, but the face is kind of strange. I guess i could live with it, but it never hurts to ask. (I am talking about the "Battle Hooks" Prime)

Do you know if this black paint i removable, or if at least you can weaken it? If it can't be done, i might just add some silver detailing to make it look more realistic, like the battle damage on the arms.

If it can be done, would you please instruct me how and what to use? Thanks in advance.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Rubbing alcohol should do it. You'll probably end up taking off some of the silver as well, so have a little bottle of that handy when you're done.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Thank you very much. I just hope I don't end up ruining his face.

I might add some silver detail to it too, I'll get some model paint and use a very thin Brush (or if all else fails, a silver paint marker could do the trick, even if they're not very popular around real customizers)