Customs: How to remove black paint off ROTF Leader Megatron's Chest/Torso?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Apr 13, 2011.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anybody tried to remove the black paint off ROTF Leader Megatron's Chest/Torso?

I tried using 91% Isopropyl Alcohol and Paint Thinner and neither one didn't work! :banghead: 

I used Krud Kutter Graffiti Remover and it worked to removed the paint, but the downside(s) to that is that I had to spray the area and leave it on for a while then used a big brush to remove most the black paint, scraped off any black paint that was left in the corners and crevices with a X-Acto Precision Knife, and a white, frosty film/residue that was present.

Can't use acetone because it will soften the plastic! :thumbdown 

I could use a Dremel metal brush to remove the paint but even at a low setting, there might be scratches and the natural gloss of the plastic will be removed as well.

Can anyone please tell me if there is a chemical/solution (Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover, Terpentine, WD-40, Pinesol, Goo Gone or Goof Off Citrus, etc.) that will allow me to remove the black paint off ROTF Leader Megatron's Chest/Torso without leaving any residue that will affect the plastic's natural gloss? :confused: