How to make Cyberverse Legions more appealing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transquito, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

Im thinking of doing something diffrent with the Dark of The Moon line.
    Usually I would focus on collection the mainline toys, but Im thinking of focusing on the small guys for once.

Cyberverse.

I do have a couple of Commanders and the Megatron with Blastwave Base for now, but Im obviously planning on getting more.
    Something I like about Cyberverse is that everything is compatible!

The Legions can use the Commanders weapons

Commanders can exchange weapons and in some cases use 3mm weapons.

The bases can connect together, store Commander weapons, 3mm weapons and even Mech Tech weapons.

Now, the thread isnt about the whole compatibility aspect, but the Legion toys.

Legions are the new Legends, but each figure can hold 1 weapon.
    I've been tempted countless of times to purchase a few of these guys, but I think they're a little too overpriced for what they are.

However, I would buy them in a flash if they had a weapon etc included!
    Example, Leadfoot is armed with a little rifle in this set;
    Cyberverse Target Leadfoot & Ironhide Exclusive - Transformers Transformers III - Dark of the Moon Exclusives

Hasbros marketing for the little Legions would probably be much more appealing if they had a small accessory.

If they included such little gizmo with the current Legion toys, then I would gladly pay full retail. What about you guys?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    Yeah but I feel the price would go up with that plastic for mini "mechtech"

3. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    That'd just make me like them more. I already adore the things.

4. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

Im enjoying them myself,I thought about setting out the set in a battle scene to renact the movie lol

5. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am thoroughly enjoying them too. With the exception of the Shockwave and the dlx size wreckers I have not bought anything but cyberverse. I really do like the nostalgia of the play sets too. I also think that introducing a couple of basebots to the line would really make it more appealling though. Personally, hasbro could even go with new characters for the basebots, rather than a G1 update, and I would still be happy. But a cyberverse Metroplex and Trypticon would totally kick ass!

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Yeah, I am continuing to hold out the irrational hope that we'll get a Cyberverse Commander WfC Trypticon.

7. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I adore the Cyberverse line and I'm close to completing the movie cast (just need Topspin, Soundwave, Que, Dino, Shockwave, Starscream, and maybe Sideways since he appeared in the movie as a cameo).

I would recommend getting the exclusive two-pack with black-deco Megatron (I see him as Motormaster, heh) and Bumblebee - BB comes with a gun too but I read that the newer packs of them are sans gun, perhaps due to child safety concerns? If so, that'd be unfortunate but you can probably find the older packs on eBay that come with the gun.

I also plan to get the Ark playset (on sale) to get the maximum playability (it has Rollar!) and just have myself a grand ol' battle royale with the whole Cyberverse collection. XD I'm just hooked on these little guys; very neat transformations and so fun to mess around with!

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

The best thing would make more original characters. Not smaller versions of what is already out there.

9. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I too wish the basic Legion figures came with their own weapons, but Megablock and Lego weapons/gadgets work (moreso the former), and there are Halo Megablock weapon packs IIRC.

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    [​IMG]
    Moar weapons!

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    more weapons and a couple more points of articulation would be nice. I feel that any figure that has the space for elbows or knees should have them.

The new bee didn't need knees, but they gave them to him, they should be doing the same with as many figures as possible.

12. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

The fact that they gave him that point of articulation was truly the bee's knees.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Wow...

14. nonexistent

nonexistent Well-Known Member

They are nice especially with the introduction of commander size classes. I got almost all of them and the playlets except BB playset. Hope they make more cons especially with quality like crowbar for the legion size. Hoping for Dino and que but don't think there gonna be. Still waiting to get guzzle and soundwave to complete.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    You get weapons in the multi-packs and there's lots of 3mm weapons existing already that fit.

16. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I hope we get more like Roadbuster and, to a lesser extent, Crankcase and have built-in weapons. Granted it doesn't take advantage of the universal grips.

17. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    That's hard. I don't think Legions can get any better. They are just who they are.

18. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As of tomorrow, I'll have every Cyberverse release. It's been my absolute favorite line so far, and I've even forsaken the larger figures in favor of Cyberverse.

Halo, Lego and Kre-O weapons work great with them. Also, the weapons that come with the Target packs are remolds of Machine Wars jet guns, which is pretty cool.

How to make the line better? Well, base bots would be nice. Also weapon packs, maybe the Xanthium, characters from outside the movieverse and G1, and (can't believe I'm saying this) combiners would add more character to the line.

Since Hasbro confirmed that Cyberverse would continue into TF-Prime, I'm looking forward to any and all future releases.

19. CommanderPrime

CommanderPrime Autobot

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that in the TF: Prime Cyberverse line, Legion class Wheeljack is suppose to come with his swords... So maybe they caught on to this.

20. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Yeah, we saw the early work in progress prototype of the legion figure at SDCC slide show (probably a rapid prototype). Bumblebee was shown with 4 weapons in on slide.