Customs: How to make an Awesome Samurai Prowl Description/Idea (Should I attempt it?)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Gearshift, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Gearshift

Gearshift Lady of the Dark Throne

News Credits:
    You know Samurai Prowl? I saw that review that came out today/yesterday/whatever. And he was AWESOME. But he paled a little bit in places because of lack of paint. That made me cry. But I don't know how to paint, and I don't know where to GET the right paint, so I decided that if I ever wanted to have an even awesomer Samurai Prowl that still functioned, I would have to...

SWAP PARTS TO MAKE AN AWESOME NEW PROWL.

That is, take the lower arms of O. Prowl (Ordinary) and put on S. Prowl's (Samurai) arm Armours (Only because that allows for the wheel to attach) and swap the legs on S. Prowl with the legs from O. Prowl (Unless I find in person there is a good difference on the lower legs). I would also need Sharpies to add some more black to the N. Prowl (New) Ninja Stars and add some grey on the gas tank cap. This would be the only non-swap related awesomeness adding I need to do. (Well... I might need to make his balance better with the feet from O. Prowl but that's the limit.)

Then, I would repackage C. Prowl (Crap) and bring him back to the store. (JK)

So, how awesome do the big guys think that would be? How easy would this bash be? How do you like this idea? I personally would want to do it, but is it too hard for a rookie?

Thanks for reading,
    ~Gearshift

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It sounds to me like you've got a pretty nice, laid out plan already. Should you go for it? Well, that's up to you, ultimately. Would the other Radicons be here to encourage and help you? Of course :) 

Is the project too hard for a rookie? The short answer is no. I've seen many people (despite the typical recommendation to start out small) begin with a Masterpiece type of project and pull it off. While I don't recommending diving into customs this way, it does work on occasion.

My advice to you is to buy an extra of each figure you're involving, just in case you end up with something you're not happy with. Also, use this board. The more you post your WIP work is the more others can interact and help you with it. :)  The tutorials are here for your benefit. We have a wealth of helps for any level of artist. Go to the areas of interest and just read up. :) 

Keep us posted! :thumb 

3. Gearshift

Gearshift Lady of the Dark Throne

News Credits:
    Thank you superquad! :)  I really find this would be a good easy thing, and you've just backed up my ideas. ^^

I have tried a custom before though- I was adding some black paint to Universe Sunstreaker. I was so embarresed with the outcome I'm searching for some Rubbing Alcohol. Thank god I didn't touch the transparent plastic...

But the thing is, if I get it right the first time, I won't need those extra two. I figure I'll buy an extra two if I need to. That's how I see it. :) 

Thanks for replying!
    ~Gearshift