How to keep TFs in Room

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shark Jumper, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay my mom's been bugging me about shoving all my junk into boxes which makes me feel uneasy. I think her primary reason of having me do this is because she's ashamed of my hobby thinking it is childish to have a junk load of plastic robots all over my room. She also keeps threatening me that one day we'll have house guests and their snot nosed kids over and they'll wreck my junk while not looking (we rarely do have house guests as is!). I suggested a lock for my room, but she is heavily against giving me any privacy even though I am 22... And no I can't move somewhere else right now, I cannot generate enough money to cover for rent and utilities...

I feel like if I store them away in boxes that are probably going to be shoved in the garage, I'll totally forget I had them. Even worse is I fear they get smashed by a car driven into the garage or they accidentally get donated to charity (we haven't donated to charity for like eons, but still...).

I'm thinking of maybe clearing space in my closet and trying to store some tfs in ziplock baggies and in a big rubbermaid box but not sure.

Good news is she sometimes forget, but when she gets angry enough she'll remember..

Anyone got any ideas? I -_- guess I gotta avoid looking like a toy store with a bed..

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Man , you don't have a lock on your bedroom door ? not even a simple lock ? wow your mother must have you on a tight leash.....

How do you display your figures ? give us a picture of your bedroom to better our perspective on your situation.

3. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No my room has no lock what so ever. And yes -_-' she is kinda strict. I cannot argue with her too much since I'm living here for free as is, her house her stupid rules, she can kick me out if she wants to.

Well for now my tfs and some other figures are on bookshelves (which my mom constantly nags there is a huge lack of intelligent books on there).

On my dresser more TFs, the empty wooden chest I could possibly store some has the planet formers, and on top of my desk some more TFs. Soooo basically everything, but the bed or TV has a tf standing there.

And if anyone else asks no they're not MIB.

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Can you move out? My mom was the same way, she even made me sale my entire BW/BM Collection to some crappy place in Gainesville and they totally ripped me off. Honestly it's not worth it to live under a parent's thumb if they won't let you have your privacy and they try to control who you are.

5. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I already said earlier I have insufficient funds to move out.

And she's always trying to make me something I'm not. She nags about everything (my job, my appearance, why I always look like I'm never studying), but forgets after a while.

6. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Unfortunately, I'm going to have to side with mom on this one. If you are living for free... her house, her rules. If you were paying rent to her, different story.

I don't see why you can't have a nice little display, but mom's the boss. Show her how it can look a little nicer and maybe she'll change her mind.

7. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't pay rent, but I did pay her $1,000 (took me X months to get...) to keep her shush a while ago, but that didn't last too long...

My best bet right now is the wooden chest I barely use and maybe if I make space in the closet.

8. Metal Chaos

News Credits:

My moms the same way, the bitch wouldn't let me work somewhere I wanted to work or any place that was hiring unless it benefited her somehow. Couldn't work pizza hut or Burger King, she wasn't gonna let me apply at Wendy's until she heard a friend was working there and he got free food to take home. When I got offered to work tech support for DirecTV she wasn't gonna let me work there even though I was 21 at the time then she found out after I worked there 90 days I'd get free DirecTV with every channel they have then she was all for me working there. When it comes to appearances she was always on my case and yelling that my hair was too long even though it had just been cut, she looked for any reason to complain.

Honestly if ya can't move out on your earnings then find a friend to rent a place with. It's what I plan to do as soon as I can afford it, unless this London job goes through then I'm a be living with my boss until I get my own flat.

Anyways, sorry for your situation. I know how bad it can suck having to obey rules you find unfair and dealing with a lack of privacy. Just keep saving up until you can move out.

9. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

Do you have a closet? If so maybe buy some clear tubs and put them in their alt modes (less fragile to me). Also try to talk to her about a shelf. My dad didn't like my transformers out and about so he built me a shelf to go around the room. He likes how it looks as long as they don't venture out into the family room.

10. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I would say that since you live there, rent free, you have to follow her rules. Box them up.

On another note, you need to start saving up to move into your own place. Either that, or move in with some friends. You'll be glad you did.

11. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I would say that since you live there, rent free, you have to follow her rules. Box them up.

On another note, you need to start saving up to move into your own place. Either that, or move in with some friends. You'll be glad you did.

12. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

I would highly recommend using glad bags or something to seal up each one with their parts and weapons then putting them in storage bins in the closet. Not ALL of them, just most. If you cut down considerably on whats out, setup small groups of the ones you want to keep out and avoid big clusters it will hopefully appease her and cut down on her complaing. It will also make it feel like you have much more room to get more lol.

Do EVERYTHING you can to give her less to nag you about. I am sure she will still find small stuff, but just do your best to say Ok, Yes, I will, etc and let it blow over. Its really hard to live with ppl who just go out of their way to argue and complain about stuff, but it can be done.

I also hope your in school/working towards a career/body building and looking to become a male dancer/learning the ins and outs of how to sell crack on corners/SOMETHING that will lead you to becoming independant. If we weren't at war, I'd say join the Army. Hell, it might still be easier to go to Iraq than put up with your mom for the rest of your life.

13. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am in school right now while working my part time job (very low paying). Right now all of my friends live with their parents too lol.

My current plan is to try clear up any areas heavily spammed with toys and transfer them to the closet or wooden chest.

14. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    guys, i really don't understand. what's up with her house her rules? he's her son, she gave birth to him so she has to put up with him as well!! common, it's your room, you can't have TFs where you want? My mother never gave me any problems with that as long as it was MY money being spent in whatever figures i bought. i'm 26 now, married and with my house, the difference is i now have much more room to put my things :) 

15. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

Totes

Move to another state when you get a chance. :poke 

16. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Dude, 22 and your Moms isn't on a leash yet?

Here's what you do.

follow steps in order.

(actual results may vary)

1. stage a. Ask Mom at precisely 7:05 PM (prefarably AFTER dinner NEVER before) what she want's from you, and what she wants from your room.... and when your done giving the BS story, stage b. flip sides, and ask her what SHE wants from life and you. Remember to say "uh-huh" and "Yep"

2. stage a. Do NOT ASK QUESTIONS GIVE ONLY ANSWERS <---very important.

3. Make her laugh exactly 2 times.

4. What ever you do, DO NOT ask "why?"

5. Converstation must last approximately 1 hr.

6. A mutual hug must be distributed at end. ( -4 points for a "high five")

17. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I'm sorry to have to say this, but being over 21 and living at home with mommy is Loser-ville. And you can say "I don't have the money to move out" all day long, but then when it's obvious that you have plenty of money to buy the Transformers that clutter your room, that whole "not having money" thing sort of goes out the window, y'know? If you hadn't enough money, there wouldn't be a singular Transformer there, much less the aforementioned "clutter."

Sounds to me like your priorities are out of line. And I get it that you may not have the best job ever, but there are other jobs to be had that pay more if you'll get off the couch and look for them, and some people actually work *gasp* more than one job to make ends meet. And, as I can sense the "I'm in college" excuse quickly approaching, I should point out that there are thousands of college students who work and maintain their own apartments.

So, yes, it is your mom's house, and you do what she tells you to until you get up off the futon and rent your own flat and pay the bills. You're a grown man, for criminy's sake, and she doesn't owe you a damn thing. Quite frankly, she's probably more upset that she's got a son who isn't doing anything with his life and is burdening her when she should be getting ready to enjoy her retirement years. So how about you cut her some slack, respect her, and do what she tells you to do.

18. Metal Chaos

News Credits:
    Do what ODB said, do all your chores, clean up after yourself, groom yourself better even if you change after you leave the house, and help out more around the house. Give her less to nag about and she should be off your case at least half way.

If she keeps nagging you then you have a grade A bitch on your hands and moving out should be your top priority. Save up as much cash as you can, try to put in more hours at work if you and if possible work your days off. Do odd jobs around the neighborhood if you have to, whatever it takes to get some cash saved up.

Once you have enough saved up find a place and move out and if you don't have one already open up a bank account and get your pay check direct deposited.

Then after you have your own place start doing things to save money around your apartment. Buy energy saving light bulbs, turn off your PC when not using it, if your apartments hot open a window. Eat out less often, buy groceries with coupons and cook meals yourself. I suggest investing in a slow cooker, lot's of fun and can make great meals that last a while.

Another thing, always keep track of how much money you have coming in and how much you have going out or you can end up in hot water.

An even better thing is to look for a room mate as splitting bills makes living arrangements cheaper, just be careful who you bunk with because if your room mate's deadbeat and doesn't pay his half you'll both suffer. Also make sure your room can lock as your room mate and/or his/her friend's might not always be trustworthy.

Hope it all works out for you man.

19. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Darn.. and I was hoping you somehow made TF come to life and were trying to keep them from running away...

I would just keep a few out that you really enjoy on display.. the ones you just play with i would keep in a box.. and the ones you don't even glance at or don't care about.. store them away until you have a home..

I would think of it this way... at least you can be glad u have the figs now so you can display them in your own home down the road.. it's better than having a place and then having to hunt like crazy because you got into the game late.. or something to that effect.

Maybe loser-ville to you, but there are some cultures where you take care of your parents when you're older... maybe this isn't the case here since his mother is dictating things.. but that really doesn't justify calling someone a loser.

It's possible she's afraid he won't grow up.. or something.. that's my guess. Not all moms understand our hobbies.. or other things for that matter..

20. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Wasn't calling him a loser, just saying that living at home with mommy is sort of loser-ish.

And c'mon, you really think he's there because his mom is elderly and needs a nurse?

Like I said, get a better job, stop wasting your money on toys, and save up for a place of your own.