How to get a Japanese Address (Forwarding Services)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by influence82, Oct 24, 2011.

1. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A friend of mine in Japan suggested some websites that allow foreigners like me to rent a Japanese mailing address, called mail forwarding services. The purpose of these services is to have nearly full access to Japanese marketplace.
    As long as the Japanese online store accepts international credit cards or PayPal, you can buy anything in Japan and have the seller ship it to the Japanese address. From there, the Service will ship the item to you internationally. Few Japanese stores would ship their products internationally so this is a way to avoid that issue. This is also a way to buy Japanese exclusive items not found anywhere else. The two biggest outlets to buy Transformers is Amazon.co.jp�F ’Ê”Ì - ƒtƒ@ƒbƒVƒ‡ƒ“�A‰Æ“d‚©‚ç�H•i‚Ü‚Å�y–³—¿”z‘—�z and Yahoo!. With these two websites alone you could buy almost any Japanese Transformer toy, including Lucky Draws.
    Granted, these mail forwarding services are not cheap and charge reasonable fees. They require EMS shipping including insurance, the most expensive way to ship. The Japanese yen to US Dollar conversion rate does not help either.
    I was thinking of signing up for these services but would have to buy a larger volume of goods in order to make it worthwhile. Buy using these services, you are essentially cutting away the middleman and just paying flat fees as part of your purchases. Also note that Japanese literacy is recommended, though not required.

Forwarding service connecting overseas customers and Japanese online stores [ Tenso.com ]
    https://www.japantodoor.com/index.asp
    Maildrop, Forwarding, Storage Service in Japan - Mail Box Japan

I wonder if anyone here has used any services and help explain how it is like. Or if you are interested in signing up, let us know.

This has been a public service announcement by influence82.

2. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    That's pretty cool! I might try that some day...

3. Deszaras79

Deszaras79 I ♥ Brickformers

The problem would be to get an account for Yahoo Japan Auctions and to pay the sellers. They normally don't use Paypal.
    So, I guess without a Japanese bank account and the ability to comunicate in Japanese this will be pretty tough to work out.
    I normally use Celga for Yahoo and the fees don't seem so much higher then the ones from the websites mentioned.