How to forget..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElekTriC, May 10, 2012.

1. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a girl you know for more then 10 years. always good friends and last few years even more only that wasnt really clear.

So i need get her out of my head and i need some advice. its really driving me crazy and i want to live my life like i did. and for some damn reason i cant.

Now things arnt going that good but i just need to get some stuff out of my head and she is just one of those things.

Last half year we were just fighting on the chat about every little thing there is. it was no fun at all. little note. we only talk on chat and text messaging.

i really want to be free again. just me and only me. the only place i feel good is at work. not even at home and i want to have a good feeling when im at home. dont want to be home and thinking about wath fight we are going to have today.

there needs to be another way. and maybe this is the wrong place to ask but to tell you all the truth i cant handle this any more and dont want to do some stupid thing what i will regret..

need some good advice

2. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

First off, if doing something you will regret means hurting yourself, you need to seek help from someone who has training and the what not to help you.
    If not, you need to go and do things to take your mind off of her. Anything that doesn't allow your mind to wander and think about said person.
    There is no quick fix for things like this, it takes time.

Chuck

3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

4. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Stop talking over text/chat. It's 100% impossible to have a meaningful conversation with someone through pixels.

I have no idea what sparked the fallout, but talk about it, work through it, and at the end if you can't get along, stop communicating. At least you will know you tried to resolve the issue. If you don't try to talk it out, it will haunt you forever.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you're still in contact with her, stop. That's why you can't move on with your life.

If you're able to and interested, try to find someone else. Another relationship will help you stop focusing on the last one (but for the love of all that is good, do not put your previous relationship up on a pedestal in comparison to your current one or sustain unreasonable expectations from your partner. It WILL poison whatever relationship you get yourself into).

Get hobbies. Make new friends. Take a night class. Volunteer somewhere. Do something with yourself other than work and home, especially one that will get you out and meeting new people and exploring new opportunities for personal growth.

If you are unable to do these things, and your current emotional state continues, seek professional help or counselling from a trusted advisor, clergyman, or loved one.

6. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    not much of a drinker but he :p  maybe it works haha

i tried to talk it out and she just dont want to talk about it. every time i starts she just ignores it or gets angry. i can try and talk every time but enough is enough. i always take the first step..

oke. i will try more to just stop talking with her. i just need to do that. need to fix my head first before i can give my love to a person that really needs it from me.

i sure wont compare it because this is really messed up and i want to talk about problems so it can be fixed. but im not the only person that needs to do all the fixing.

well atm i work at a school and its very fun. every day is just diffrent but maybe ur right. just get some new stuff and go out more. that should work

if all the other things dont work i just need to talk to a person that understands me and can help. so professional help could be the thing i need just to fix everything. but i want to save that as a back-up. i have had much worse things then this crap so i need to get out of this.

really appreciate all the tips. and just hope it will all work out. just need to fight the urge to text her or any other way of communication.

just dont want to be the one that needs to do all the hard work to save this friendship. everything comes from both ways. not only from me. and i know that. but i think she doesnt know. and thats kinda sad.

maybe she's lying about still having feelings for me. but thats not my problem is it. just need to forget about her and go on with my life

7. Smashs

News Credits:
    Then you've done what you can. Block her communications with you.

8. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    i need to but for some reason i just dont want her out of my life. even if i know its the best thing for me 2 do..

9. Smashs

News Credits:
    Cut her off from comms then write her a letter? I don't think it's humanly possible to not read an entire letter you receive in the mail from someone who is supposed to be a good friend. At least then you could say your peace and she will likely read it.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    You'll have to just stop talking to her. It sucks and it's hard, but negativity isn't going to just go away. It's time to make a clean break. Time has to pass as well. There's no quick fix. Just occupy yourself with other stuff and things will work out.

11. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I think speaking to someone is a good idea.

Also, have a nice drink and then delete her from everywhere you communicate (off your phone, email address list, IM list, facebook etc). If you see her there, or see her name then the temptation is to talk to her.

Reward yourself with something everytime you resist contacting her when the urge is there....eventually those urges will become less and less and soon you'll realise that you haven't thought about her in ages.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "Hey guys I keep sticking my hand on this hot stove and it hurts like hell but for some reason I just can't stop..."

You are actively continuing a habit that is having a negative impact on your life and your emotional state. You are AWARE this habit needs to end. Rip the bandaid, man. Delete her contact from any and all communication devices. Send her a single line email that just says "I don't think we should talk to eachother any more", or even better, nothing at all and just stop talking to her. Do not respond to her communications, do not think about starting up contact again, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

You shouldn't be talking to her about it. Frankly, you shouldn't be talking to her at all. Whatever semblance of a relationship you had is finished, she has no interest in rekindling it, and continuing to try to do so will only make you AND her miserable. From the sounds of it, she doesn't want to talk to you about your past relationship (or at all? Not clear on that). Since it appears you can't seem to escape the mindset of seeing her as a partner/girlfriend/whatever, your only option is to cut contact.

By all means take some time to fix your head. Get out and do things that help you grow as an individual and meet new people. Find someone to talk to like a counsellor or anyone who's specialized/experienced in dealing with this kind of thing. There is nothing wrong with seeking help, but OFFERING help only works when the other person wants it. Your statement about "I am not the only person who needs to do all the fixing" is troubling. You are your only concern right now. Do not attempt to fix someone else's issues until you have completely addressed your own, and even then, if you're referring to your ex, do not attempt to "fix" her issues at all, because she is no longer your problem and she has made it clear she is not interested in your help.

You're right, it is not your problem. Do not muse over what may have been or what she is thinking. This friendship, as you call it, is the source of emotional pain for you, and apparently also for her. Any efforts you take to "fix it" will be unsuccessful because, as it sounds, she is not interested in them. A relationship, in any form, will not function unless both people are committed to it. The relationship between you two is over, and it will not come back. Come to terms with that, accept it, and move forward in your life into something that will make you truly happy.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  13. seali_me

seali_me Dakilang Mandirigma

Leave the ones that make even one day a bad one. You have better things ahead of you. Make everyday fulfilling and eventful. I remember feeling like the way you do now. It's the greatest feeling when you do get your freedom.

The songs below helped me a lot.

American Woman -The Guess Who ( I know. I know but at the time the girl was actually American. Hahaha. )

Lenny Kravitz - American Woman - YouTube

I'm walking away - Craig David feat. Nek

I'm walking away - Craig David

14. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

It seems as though you've found yourself in a unique position to... cut away some of the superfluous parts of your life. And one shouldn't spurn the opportunity to do so.

As for being happy at home, don't go online. Find the dvds of your favorite show and lose yourself in the adventures of your favorite characters. Depending on what show that is, it could take you weeks to get through the whole thing and by then she'll be forgotten.

Transtrekkie
    -Is currently on Season 6 of DS9.

15. ElekTriC

News Credits:

i know what i have to do. now i just need to do it. well she wants to talk with me but not about the problems that we have.

what i meant was with that i dont need to fix it alone was to fix the friendship alone. if she still wants to be friends she should put more effort in it. but looks like she doesnt want to be any more so there is just one thing to do..

so what i have done atm is blocking her on messenger. already deleted the facebook page so it wont pop-up in my browser again.

wont send a email or letter because then i would prolly be thinking why i didnt get a email or letter back. so thats no option and will only give me more pain.

will try to find a way to get more involved with other ppl and meet more. just need to be happy and the only way to do is without her.

again i appreciate all the help

16. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What you did there was a good first step. But I have to tell you, you'll probably find yourself thinking about her again. If you do, don't beat yourself up over it. Its natural for you to think about her given the length of the relationship and what it meant to you.

Just let the thoughts run its course. Let your feelings of hurt or whatever, run their course. At the same token, do not reach out to her. Just live your life and let the pain subside. It will go away like a wound. When that happens, you'll be able to move on for real. How long does this take? Who knows. Everyone is different. So don't go by some BS timeframe. Just keep your head up and live :) 

17. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

An hero.

18. seali_me

seali_me Dakilang Mandirigma

Let the good times begin!

19. ElekTriC

News Credits:
    the first step is always the hard one. just need to break free.. just have to!

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Ten good mates and a few tequila slammers are usually a good start. Aernaroth's advice is less harmful but equally if not more valid however.