Customs: How to Fix Movie Starscream!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by The Demolisher, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    No one is countering your arguments because, in the history of this message board, it is an age-old argument that is made weekly, and honestly, everyone is tired of it. I understand that the search function has been disabled by the admins on a short-term basis, but when it comes back up, do a search for "geewun" and you will find a hundred other threads from people who make much better points than yours.

2. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmmm...I think he looks pretty kick ass the way he is. I vote leave him alone.

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Hmmmm...I think he looks pretty kick ass the way he is. I vote leave him alone.

4. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Dude: chill. I completely understand that you (among others) dislike Starscream's new look. Personally I love it, but that's besides the point. Here's two things that I think are important for you to understand: 1.) You are complaining about a movie based on a toyline called Transformers. The whole point of transformers is change. It's what the word means! 2.) This movie is not supposed to be a reimagining of G1 in any way, shape or form. G1, while it may have started the franchise, does not define it. The franchise is continually evolving, or, dare I say it, transforming throughout the years. IMO, it is the continual reimagining of the franchise that has kwpt it alive for over twenty years. I think that even the most diehard fan would grow tired of 20+ years of G1 only.

Regardless, you must respect that other people's opinions. There is no such thing as a right or wrong opinion. If you just take things down a notch, I'm sure we can all have a good discussion about the pros and cons of SS's design.

5. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Dude: chill. I completely understand that you (among others) dislike Starscream's new look. Personally I love it, but that's besides the point. Here's two things that I think are important for you to understand: 1.) You are complaining about a movie based on a toyline called Transformers. The whole point of transformers is change. It's what the word means! 2.) This movie is not supposed to be a reimagining of G1 in any way, shape or form. G1, while it may have started the franchise, does not define it. The franchise is continually evolving, or, dare I say it, transforming throughout the years. IMO, it is the continual reimagining of the franchise that has kwpt it alive for over twenty years. I think that even the most diehard fan would grow tired of 20+ years of G1 only.

Regardless, you must respect that other people's opinions. There is no such thing as a right or wrong opinion. If you just take things down a notch, I'm sure we can all have a good discussion about the pros and cons of SS's design.

6. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Yes, because 2007 is SO AWESOME.

Am I stuck in the 60s for thinking World peace might be a good idea?

Stuck in the 80s is a phrase for ******s who like to think they've grown up but really, really haven't.

It's a complete non-argument. I'm not stuck in the 80s for thinking a movie based on something should actually resemble the something it's based on, and for thinking that a character that's meant to be sleek and effiminite looks dumb with ape arms. And even if I was, it wouldn't make any difference. A lot of people here are stuck in the 50s with the black and white morals displayed in the piracy threads. In fact, most of you are, with the conservative view of respecting "Opinions" but not respecting the idea of logical debate and that certain things can be countered and disproven.

Why not go after them? Because you can't gang up on them.

I know. I've lurked. And you never came up with anything then, either. It's the same shit over and over because you just never bother to actually read and reply to what they're saying.

Of course, you'll say the opposite. Yet I'm quoting and directly dealing with almost everything in this thread - something nobody else is doing.

7. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Yes, because 2007 is SO AWESOME.

Am I stuck in the 60s for thinking World peace might be a good idea?

Stuck in the 80s is a phrase for ******s who like to think they've grown up but really, really haven't.

It's a complete non-argument. I'm not stuck in the 80s for thinking a movie based on something should actually resemble the something it's based on, and for thinking that a character that's meant to be sleek and effiminite looks dumb with ape arms. And even if I was, it wouldn't make any difference. A lot of people here are stuck in the 50s with the black and white morals displayed in the piracy threads. In fact, most of you are, with the conservative view of respecting "Opinions" but not respecting the idea of logical debate and that certain things can be countered and disproven.

Why not go after them? Because you can't gang up on them.

I know. I've lurked. And you never came up with anything then, either. It's the same shit over and over because you just never bother to actually read and reply to what they're saying.

Of course, you'll say the opposite. Yet I'm quoting and directly dealing with almost everything in this thread - something nobody else is doing.

8. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

This is a complete fallacy that I see everywhere.

Transformers is about change; then changing back again. If you could only keep it Transformed, it'd be no fun.

At no point did movie Starscream spin around and become voiced by a zombie Chris Latta.

9. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

This is a complete fallacy that I see everywhere.

Transformers is about change; then changing back again. If you could only keep it Transformed, it'd be no fun.

At no point did movie Starscream spin around and become voiced by a zombie Chris Latta.

10. GogDog

News Credits:
    I'm not replying in that fashion because, in my opinion, you are only looking forward to an argument. You do not present yourself as anyone who is open to new ideas, therefore why even waste my breath?

I used to feel much the same way as you, so I can see where you are coming from. I would go further, but like I said above, there is no point.

11. GogDog

News Credits:
    I'm not replying in that fashion because, in my opinion, you are only looking forward to an argument. You do not present yourself as anyone who is open to new ideas, therefore why even waste my breath?

I used to feel much the same way as you, so I can see where you are coming from. I would go further, but like I said above, there is no point.

12. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

The designs of the movie were made with logistics in mind. Those intakes on G1 SS's sholders? Yeah, blocked his peripheral vision. GONE.
    Inverted wings on the back that serve no function beyond looking cool? GONE
    Starscream is a flyer. When he transforms in mid air, his extremly heavy body willl hit the ground with tremendous force. The bird-like legs function as shock asorbtion. A design cue made out of neccessity.

And G1 Starscream WAS incredibly powerful. So says the original bio for him. Fast, agile, heavily armed. The original toy and it's subsequent animation model didn't support that but he WAS intended that way.

The toy design isn't the greatest. But the actual model for the movie is far better proportioned and streamlined.

13. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

The designs of the movie were made with logistics in mind. Those intakes on G1 SS's sholders? Yeah, blocked his peripheral vision. GONE.
    Inverted wings on the back that serve no function beyond looking cool? GONE
    Starscream is a flyer. When he transforms in mid air, his extremly heavy body willl hit the ground with tremendous force. The bird-like legs function as shock asorbtion. A design cue made out of neccessity.

And G1 Starscream WAS incredibly powerful. So says the original bio for him. Fast, agile, heavily armed. The original toy and it's subsequent animation model didn't support that but he WAS intended that way.

The toy design isn't the greatest. But the actual model for the movie is far better proportioned and streamlined.

14. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How to fix starscream.
    Step #1- Throw him out the window.
    Step #2- Drink beer, enjoy movie.
    Done.

15. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How to fix starscream.
    Step #1- Throw him out the window.
    Step #2- Drink beer, enjoy movie.
    Done.

16. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    there's just no saving that mold

17. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    there's just no saving that mold

18. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I think people are doing a fine job of debating your points. Screaming "but it's not like G1 Starscream" over and over again isn't a valid argument, but you've gotten some decent replies in spite of yourself.

I'd like to address a couple of things that haven't been touched on yet.

1) That the movie is called Transformers and just Transformers is not an argument for it being G1, even if G1 was the only previous generation to be called just Transformers. So what? They called the movie what it should have been called. What would you have preferred they called it?

2) Notwithstanding that the Spiderman comparison is wrong to begin with (what about black suited Spiderman, or Iron Spiderman, or Spiderman 2099?), Transformers is not Spiderman. The series has a long, long tradition of change. Transformers has been through almost yearly new incarnations over the years, and most of the major character names have gone through a number of different designs. You're comparing apples to oranges.

This thread is on a thin wire. Everyone keep your calm and try to talk rationally. Thanks.

19. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I think people are doing a fine job of debating your points. Screaming "but it's not like G1 Starscream" over and over again isn't a valid argument, but you've gotten some decent replies in spite of yourself.

I'd like to address a couple of things that haven't been touched on yet.

1) That the movie is called Transformers and just Transformers is not an argument for it being G1, even if G1 was the only previous generation to be called just Transformers. So what? They called the movie what it should have been called. What would you have preferred they called it?

2) Notwithstanding that the Spiderman comparison is wrong to begin with (what about black suited Spiderman, or Iron Spiderman, or Spiderman 2099?), Transformers is not Spiderman. The series has a long, long tradition of change. Transformers has been through almost yearly new incarnations over the years, and most of the major character names have gone through a number of different designs. You're comparing apples to oranges.

This thread is on a thin wire. Everyone keep your calm and try to talk rationally. Thanks.

20. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Back on topic.

[​IMG]

That looks like a stumpy mess. Midget starscream here doesn't seem threatening at all, and doesn't seem like he'd be able to move much, either.

There's really nothing wrong with Starscream's bot mode as it is. It actually looks very badass.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.