How to fix loose pins in figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot747, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Just like the title says. I kinda figure it's like ball joint, coat it in nail polish and re-insert, but I honestly have no idea. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

2. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Super glue around or in the hole it fits in works the best, just be sure to put it back in before it drys or your screwed.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    But how do you get the pin out in the first place? (sorry if that's a stupid question)

4. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Its not very easy, there in tight, you can look at both side and usually tell witch side the pin was put in, thats the side it needs to come out of, you will have to use a super small screwdriver, or something metal, that is the same size as the pin, and put it right at the edge of say a desk, so you can apply presure and allow it to pass through, be careful its not easy and if you do it wrong you can damage the plastic.

after you get it out, you need to put glue in the part that turns on the pin, not the ends that fit tight you dig?

5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use a small jewelers punch and a tack hammer.

Be careful because most pegs are meant to only go in and out one way. One side of the peg is usually perforated, and that is the side that should knocked out without passing through any of the other holes.

6. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I tried using super/crazy glue to make the pins joints on MP Megatron's hips/thighs more tight. it didn't work,the metal pins seem to have repelled the glue like it wasn't even applied.