How to fix cracked/broken plastic?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jont828, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Jont828

Jont828 Well-Known Member

My old Silverbolt's hand broke off, and Off Road has got a crack through his combiner port after I tried to put Superion's PE foot in to try it out. It's holding for now, but I'm worried it will break off. I don't want to have to cough up $20 for a figure just because one piece is broken. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

2. atomD21

atomD21 Well-Known Member

The best plastic glue I've found is JB Weld Plastic Weld. It's designed to reattach automotive body panels and it holds amazingly. Only problem is that it dries a light tan. So if you're careful, it won't be too terribly visible. But it dries in 15 minutes and cures in 30.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

which silverbolt? g1? beast wars?

honestly, i'd just buy a junker on ebay, and swap parts. and i would just keep the rest in a box of parts. that is what i do. 5 dollars for a g1 silverbolt, as an example, on ebay.

4. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    JB Weld is amazing, but obviously a bi more difficult to work with due to its thickness.

5. atomD21

atomD21 Well-Known Member

Thank you for pointing that out, I had forgotten to mention that!

6. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    when I make justice league unlimited figures, I use the plastic weld's cousin WaterWeld for sculpting details religously

7. Jont828

Jont828 Well-Known Member

I've got a CW Silverbolt and CW Off Road that are both in need of repairs. Silverbolt's hand and arm both broke off (thanks to my brother) and Off Road's combiner hand/foot/gun connector port is cracked. Both of them are running at about $20.

Silverbolt's hand broke at the hinge and his shoulder ratchet that lets his arm move back and forth also broke. :p  I'm a beginner in terms of plastic repairs, though, so I'm worried that JB Weld will be beyond me. If anyone knows of something that is relatively easy to use, please let me know!Thanks!

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

again, just buy junkers on ebay. i am sure you can find them for cheap. maybe cheaper than the glue. or maybe even here on this forum, in the wanted section.