How to display Devestator Showdown (RPM Playset)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by destrongerlupus, Jul 31, 2009.

1. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    So I picked up the RPM Playset, and I LOVE it, and can't wait to break out my Spychanger/Go-Bot collection and really get some use out of this thing (Been waiting 10 years for a TF-themed hotwheels track to actually take advantage of the Go-Bots' primary design feature)

Anyway, how the hell should I display this thing? With the long rampy-thing its gonna be hard to put it on a table or shelf anywhere.

AND you can't display anyone ON the track in vehicle mode except in the launcher.

So...thoughts?

D/L
    *Off to find some batteries to see this monster REALLY do its thing...*

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I don't think you'll be able to display it in any manner compared to a normal TF. Simply too "big".

3. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    On a golden pedestal in the center of the room.

honestly, i dont know, it really depends on the available furniture there is, got any room on a table?

4. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I would just like to see some in-hand pics.....

5. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    Well, I DO plan on it being the centerpiece for a Spy-changer scale display. I'm leaning towards having Metroplex or some other citybot looming (or cowering, perhaps) behind him.

Thinking I need to get him his own table, that damned ramp is the real issue!

Coming up!

....OK Scratch that, I forgot to buy batteries and my camera is dead. Even playing battery-swap with batteries that I KNOW are at 99.9% strength (And MORE than good enough to run Devestator....) I can't get it to turn on. So pics will have to wait a bit, sorry :/

OTOH I am SUCH a playset whore, the SFX are pretty cool, with mostly atmospheric industrial-type sounds, punctuated by Prime shouting commands, Devvy talks in what sounds to me like a dead-ringer for G1 Devestator's voice (can anyone confirm?) when you push his button. It's also set up as some kind of race-against-time game, where the sfx speed up and Prime's shouting gets more frantic, and eventually Devvy mocking calls "Devestator Wins!" and goes back into hibernation.

Not sure how to get an Autobot victory, I ran one car across the track while he was going and it didn't seem to do anything. Dunno, but this thing is DARN cool, even though I don't care for Movie-Devvy per se.

6. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    whats the price? I was considering getting some RPMs if I ever find them, at least the twins 2-pack

7. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    The playset is 40 bucks, I forget how much the single packs and twin packs cost, but they're cheap.

I much prefer Spychangers to these Transformers-Encased-In-Carbonite-Chassies, but they're still VERY cool.

D/L

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't know but, hope you find those batteries!

10. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    OK found the batteries, still couldn't find decent lighting or good camera skills though :p 

I think this is where he's gonna sit, I just need to break out the rest of my Spychangers and a city bot or two.

[​IMG]

Included is a close up of the one spychanger I have handy (Hummer BB), just to remind us that hotwheels-style TFs CAN transform.

[​IMG]

D/L

Attached Files: