Customs: How to dismantle Alt Windcharger

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by iconscons, Aug 29, 2007.

1. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Has anyone out there done this? The back half of the car (chest and arms) doesn't seem to want to come apart at all. Even after removing about a dozen screws, nothing separates except the seats. The forearms, the chest/back, car interior...nothing.

I can't/wont try to remove pins, so am I completely screwed?

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    There are two screws in the center console that is holding it all together also...they are visable from the passenger side....once you remove those, with a little force the center console will come out, and then the rest of the upper body will follow.....

Hope this helps. :thumb 

3. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I removed those screws...perhaps not enough force was applied. I'll give it a try.

Wow...there's a a clip directly under the parking break that holds in on. I had to pry until one of the edges of the clip snapped off. It clearly wasn't intended to be dismantled this way. I guess I really would've needed to remove the pin where the trunk/chest plate swings around first, then it would've gone much easier.

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, its kinda clipped in too....if you look at the bottom of the seat area (underneath the car) you can see the slots where the tabs are that lock it into place....I think there are four of them....two each side of the center console