How to defeat Shockwave in the game?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by IronhideTF, Jun 30, 2007.

1. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

how can i defeat shockwave? ive been trying SO hard, he never dies i've been playing the game for like 4hrs straight O.O, any help is appreciated!

2. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I dont remember very specifically, but there are very specific times when he puts his shields down and you can attack only then.

I had trouble with him at first too. If I remember correctly...I think what I did was shoot at him with my minigun so that he put his shields on, walk up to him while he was standing still with shields, and then attack directly after he took of his shields. Cant do anything to him while he is attacking buildings, but while he is attacking you, his shields are down... I think.

You think that is hard, wait till you fight Ironhide in the Decepticon side...

3. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

Being in the decepticon side or ironhide IN the decepticon side? :eek: , im a noob :redface2: 

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    A lot of enemies involve throwing objects at them to get them to attack you in melee combat. Maybe you have to do that. And he meant when you play as a Decepticon.

5. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    On that subject matter, how DOES one defeat Ironhide? I swear, that old bot has an "I WIN" button with his "Gazillion rocket shower of doom" move.

6. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Defeat all the enemies around him while avoiding him like the plague. Once they are all defeated he should start trying to ram you. Once he stops pummel him with your melee. Once you hit him enough he'll go back into 'Blast you on sight' mode. Rinse and repeat.

7. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

Shockwave:
    -after you toss a few cars at his turret mode and he transforms to bot mode
    -melee him until he turns to copter mode
    -follow him and when he transforms back to bot mode
    -shoot him with your light gun attack to get his attention
    - then melee him
    -repeat this pattern to defeat him.

Ironhide:
    -defeat the 1st wave of drones
    -Ironhide will come down and you can start attacking him
    -when you do a certain amount of damage he will turn invincible and more drones come out
    -everytime this happens STAY AWAY FROM IRONHIDE or he will, repeat HE WILL KILL YOU with his rocket attack juggle if your too close!
    -Once you defeat the drones Ironhide can be hurt again
    -keep an eye on your map for the drone wave to appear letting you know Ironhide in invincible again
    -repeat until he's dead

Just for the record in my personal opinion, this game does not suck!

It is not difficult, yes is can be challenging at times until you figure out patterns or certain ways to do things via trial and error, but I personally never fought a boss more than twice.

I have about 19 hours of gameplay straight from looking for icons, energon cubes and finding/completing sub-missions for 100%! I have not used a single cheat code nor plan to do so.

I have unlocked G1 Megatron, G1 Starscream repaint so far, still working on 100% for all Autobot levels for G1 Jazz repaint, G1 Prime and Robo-Vision Prime.

8. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the tip. My biggest problem is staying AWAY from him, since the radar does not differentiate Ironhide from the rest of the generic Autobot fodder.

Actually no, my biggest gripe is that someone size and power of Blackout needs to play duck and dodge with a puny black pick-up truck. :lol 

But I do agree, the game is pretty fun. Mindless fun in the form of rampant destruction yes, but fun nonetheless. :D 

9. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    The game doesnt let you freeroam as Jazz or Ironhide :( . It lets you use every single Decepticon freeroaming in their own areas. This game is average for me. Its a good game while it lasts but theres not really all that much else to do after getting all the secrets.

10. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I've tried to defeat Ironhide over six times now. I can get as far as wave 3 for his drones. He's defended by like three regulars, two mace-swingers, and a rammer. How the HELL do you get past that part? When I go to pick up a car to throw at the macer-guys, the Rammer gets me. When the Rammer stops and I go to hit him, the mace-guy gets me. Im totally stuck there. Where are MY drones, huh?

The Decepticons have drones when Im an Autobot, and the Autobots have drones when Im a Decepticon, so why the hell cant -I- get drones? Also, has anyone else noticed that the weapons in the game are VIRTUALLY USELESS against Cybertronian enemies? Even the drones take time to lay-waste with ammo. Useless I say!

~Z

11. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm currently trying to defeat Ironhide. That 3rd wave is pretty rough. The key I think (since I havn't been successful yet) is to concentrate first on the rammer. Luckily the mace swingers don't chase after you quickly. The 3rd wave will be tough no matter what though. It would be much easier if there weren't constant waves of tanks and choppers hitting you periodically and messing your camera view

12. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Whoa. You fight Shockwave in the game? Sweet.

13. cybertron2006

cybertron2006 Fly By Clockwork Pictures

Wait a minute, Shockwave's in the movie game?

14. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

Yes, Shockwave is in the game, he is a triple changer (gun turret, cybertron helicopter and bot) and he looks amazing! The turret mode's cannon is his arm cannon, so sweet! Would love to have a figure of that design made!

Yeah for that last wave of drones for Ironhide, have the runner follow you behind the statue since the tow truck/mace drones walk slow. Kill the runner behind the statue, by that time the tow truck/mace drones should have walked back there.

Go to a side street grab a street light or tree (you can walk faster with those than cars) and throw it at one, then use your heavy EMP gernade attack when his mace goes away. (this works better when you are locked on, which I have never had a problem with despite what most people say)

I suggest using the throw object--> EMP gernade method since you have to fight two at once and getting to close for melee might make a frustrating problem. If you see shadows or hear human helicopters use your light minigun attack and take every single one of them out to keep your health full and prevent your from taking any uneeded damage, hope that helps.

It's what I did on my 2nd try and beat Ironhide just fine.

*w00t, 100th post!*

15. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    in the psp version shockwave is a cybertron tank and wants to steal power from megatron.

totally different then the ps2