how to count my collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lazerrodphill, Apr 16, 2008.

1. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

Hey if I'm counting my collection are the combiners five separate figs, then one big fig? also are targetmasters guns counted as figs. Let me know how you guys count your collection. I"m on bedrest and bored to death.

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I would def. count combiners as separate and combined, it'll pad your stats too!

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    For me if it is a robot on its own then it counts.

Combiners yes
    combined mode no
    target master gun yes
    headmaster head no
    minicons yes
    sideways(armada) has his own head so he counts as three.

So if it has a full robot mode and an alternate mode it gets a count.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

4. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why not count Headmaster heads? Sure, in the US they were essentially mecha suits piloted by Nebulons, but so were the Targetmaster's guns.

I count them all individually, regardless how they were packaged/sold.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

combiner teams=sum of individual members.

all other named bots = 1, and accessory bots like roller count as well.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

For combiners I don't count the combined form, just the number of individual 'bots on a team.

Accessory bots count (even if a few, like Roller and Slammer and Sixgun, seem a bit of a stretch).

I don't count Nebulans. I do count Minicons and Micromasters. I don't count doubles.

I do count Robot Heroes, PVC's and Revoltechs. Even though the first two make me feel sometimes like I'm padding my count, it's just too much trouble to distinguish between full-on transforming toys and little collectible figures.

But really, there are so many variations in TF toys that I think you can pretty much count them however you choose, and however makes the most sense to you. There might be some official "rules" somewhere that really long-time, hardcore collectors follow, but I think most of us just sort of count for fun anyway. Right? Maybe not.

7. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    I noticed your "count" is labeled as "1/3 of post count". Does that mean you go buy a figure for every third post? that'd get pricey pretty fast...

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Haha... no, not really. It's just approximate. It was just a weird phenomenon I noticed a while back, that my collection seems to grow at a roughly 1:3 ratio with my post count. So right now I have about 550-560 figures, and 1660 posts. It's actually a helpful ratio, though, because it keeps my from over-posting. :) 

And who knows, that may change at some point. My collecting has slowed a bit recently. But then, I've probably been posting a bit less, too, so it still works out.

9. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

My thoughts are counting combiners figs separate and as a whole. The master thing can't call it. But thanks for all the ideas I've finally gotten over the 100 mark i'm at 105 figs. Pissed I only have one g1 fig. I'm scared to buy anything with all these reissues and encore stuff comming out. i feel like it's good for the collectors like me who can't afford some of the outrageous prices on some g1 stuff. But feel it is bad for those guys who work hard and spend tons of money to piece together a fig then watch it come out for 90 bucks.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I definitely count the combined form seperately. Say if I have all the Technobots, but few or none of the combiner accessories, I can't really say I have Computron now can I?

I need to go back and check, but I don't think I count the Headmaster Heads and Targetmaster Guns seperately. Though I guess I should at least with the Headmasters since what I said above about the Combiners could be said about Headmasters too to a certain extent.

11. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

I count them as such......

combaticons would be 5..
    defensor would be 5
    devastator would be 6
    Targetmaster Cyclonus & nightstick - 1
    Apeface & spasma... 1
    Metroplex with slammer scamper and six gun - 1

I don't count the accessories as bots.. I class the nebulans as accessories..and the extra bots mentioned above as part of the "playset"
    I don't count a merged figure as a bot.. its the sum of a combiner team and don't see the team as complete unless they can merge ... but don't count the merged form as another toy.

12. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I go by example TM's w/Partner as one, Merge dudes seperate, AM's w/Partners as one ect....pretty much if a toy was sold with different bots added such as metroplex I still count as one. But there is exceptions like Buzzsaw was sold with S-Wave that is two. MM sets I count as one. I am just odd maybe?

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't count headmasters or targetmasters either.

14. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Blimey. I'm pretty sure there is no right or wrong way to count your TFs.
    Do you count Nebulans as separate or part of the Transormer fig? Does a Micromaster patrol or Minicon team count as three or four figures, or one pack? Do you count combiner teams as three to 6 figures, or just the combined form - or do you count all forms (personally I think that just leads to a minefield, though).

To be honest, I don't think this thread'll help you decide - there are so many different ways to distinguish which figures 'count' and which don't, and there's no absolute 'right' way of doing it.