How to change G1 Prime's smokestacks?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paladine, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I opened up my Ultra Magnus reissue, and one of his smokestacks was sideways. Not entirely mind you, just slightly. I decided to take it apart to determine the reason, and when I unscrewed it, pieces went flying!

Needless to say, I didn't get a good chance to see how the pieces were laid out, so I'm a bit baffled as to the proper method. I'm including a picture of all the pieces I have (let me know if I'm missing something!! it might be in my carpet still), and I am circling the pieces I'm unsure of.

Isn't there a patent app for G1 Prime, would it show the proper installation method?

Thanks for any help!

I determined that the connecting pin that connects to the shoulder is too long, causing the smokestack to be offset. I'll have to dremel it down and make it shorter to fix the issue. But first I need to know how to put it back together!

Attached Files:

2. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Hmm... I think you might want to have this moved to the Radicons discussion forum. The guys over there have oodles of experience with disassembling Transformers (and other toys) from throughout the ages.

~Z

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The metal "U" shaped piece goes in the gap next to the elbow(I believe gap down, but I can't remember for sure. you'll be able to tell) and everything else is just for assembling the ratchet joint for the shoulder.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Unless these are the long ones, now would be a good time to replace them with the custom made long-stacks. :) 
    Those springs is probably what caused everything to pop out and fly about the place. Be careful with those suckers! They can be tricky.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, its a pain in the ass to put his arm back into place lol. The folded silver part goes on the bottom, its the piece that keeps his elbow from flying around. Sorry, i'd take photos of it but man that figure was a BITCH to reassemble.

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If all else fails, carefully take apart the other arm, and use that for reference.

7. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help everybody, figured it out finally. The bent silver piece was giving me trouble, I couldn't quite figure out how it was supposed to go. I then dismantled the other arm for a reference and then felt so stupid afterwards ;-)

Will dremel the metal rod today and reassemble and should have a perfect smokestack!