How to build the "best" TMNT collection?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by SentinelPrime, Jun 12, 2010.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Yo!

So, recently, I've been kind of getting the desire to have somewhat of a refined TMNT display with my figures.

Thing is, I really haven't payed much attention to the franchise since the original run back in the day. I'm sure that what with the CGI movie and the recent show, there's a way to have a "definitive" TMNT figure display with some really cool molds, which were not something that was available back in the day.

Now, back in the day, I read the B&W stuff, and it was great, but, I do seem to remember liking at least a few of the episodes of the original show, although now I'd say they don't hold up. I do like aspects of both the CGI and new show look, but the CGIs look kind of like the Geico Gecko and the new show versions seem a little big.

So I guess the look I'm thinking of would be some kind of imaginary blend of the original comic, with more of the CGI proportions, but the slightly anime look of the show....ummm...yeay, I guess that's it...

What have ya got for me? Any suggestions on a modern display for an old fan?

Thanks!

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I just use the NECA Turtles, April, Mousers and Vintage Foot Soldiers. I just don't know which Shredder to use. The NECA Shredder probably isn't happening so i'm stuck with the old ones which don't match the awesomeness that is NECA

3. Soging

Soging Well-Known Member

Plus, you can buy the NECA Turtles cast in black and white if you want true 100% comic accuracy. But since I never read the comic I'm happy with my color versions :) .

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    The B&W ones are awesome, I'd check em out.

5. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Well, looking at it on Ebay, the black and white set goes for alot less than the color version. I mean....ALOT less.

Thing is, I'm a customizer, and I was going to paint them anyway! I'm happy that the faces aren't TOO deformed in the classic art style. These look great.

6. Soging

Soging Well-Known Member

double post, ignore

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  7. Soging

Soging Well-Known Member

Wow, people sure are paying up the butt for the single figures that came with the worthless junk. Makes me glad I got the box set with just the turtles for only $40. Here's to hoping NECA does some kind of re-release so more people can enjoy the best action figures ever (IMO), hell, here's hoping NECA releases the Shredder and Foot Soldier figures we saw two years ago >_>.

Guess it works out in your favor then. I was wanting to pick up the B&W figures as a novelty, but due to my collection purge a $40 novelty doesn't really fit my collecting habits now.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how much of help I can be, but here's my humble TMNT collection:

[​IMG]

I've eyed those NECA TMNT guys for a while, but just never bought 'em. They certainly look cool :) 

Attached Files:

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The NECA Turtles are the BEST version of the turtles hands down. I'm still searching for a good shredder but as of now, this is all I got.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The B&W versions are awesome as well and for the price, i'd jump on them. I sold mine however to help pay for the Colored versions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Falconhood

Falconhood Harbinger of Apokalypse

you have TMNT???
    I just recently feel the fever for these guys again. I have a box of them, but watching that Youtube Radical Retro Turtle Time! ...i'm really jonezing for the vintage stuff.

So...is this THE TMNT thread?? or is there a more active one?

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *sigh* I missed out on the reissue stuff and the NECA stuff, and have caught the TMNT bug again...Nothing I can do now.

12. raiden225005

raiden225005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't there a new show coming out on NICK this year...should be plenty of cool TMNT toys coming soon.

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as they come out with some sort of "classics" version, I will be happy. But I've never been interested in the toys that are out to support the current cartoons (except the original of course)

14. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the NECA ones that came with a base. Bought an extra Michelangelo cuz he was my fave growing up. What I have now is good enough for my TMNT toy collection. I did buy the ones that came out around 2004(?), but sold those last year.

15. raiden225005

raiden225005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be cool if Nick does make a classics line. I think they completely own TMNT now so they could do whatever the heck they want toy wise.

I was almost wondering if playmates was still gonna do the toyline but I just found a website for them Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Toys | Ninja Turtle Figures | Playmates Toys, Inc.

They definitely have a weird style to them but I kinda like the giant feet and hands.

16. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

My own work in progress but I would like to one day get NECA and 07' turtles to add to the group too.

[​IMG]

17. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Ugh, those wall-eyed ones are hideous!

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just reminiscing about the NECA ones. I have them, and they aren't only the best TMNT figures by heaps and bounds, but they are some of the best action figures I own. They are completely detailed, like a statue, but with tons of articulation, which almost all other turtle toys lack. I really wish they could have kept making them, I would have loved to see cartoon decos. I would have also liked to actuall see Slash released during the reissues, which they showed but I don't think was ever actually released. I know Nickalodeon has the rights or something, and I think that's why all the toys became a clusterf**k. I know Neca wasn't allowed to sell their TMNT toys in stores that sold other TMNT toys be other brands. At least that's what I heard helped destroy the line.

I just hope Nick is actually planning something good.

19. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

I don't know. If you take a look at the Nick designs...it's definitely different to say the least. I'll still pick them up just to add to the lot.

20. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I hang them on my wall :)