How to blow up Russian tanks...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vector Sigma, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

LOL, you don't do mine clearance that way. This looks like guys wanted some fun in squashing a derelict car, only to set off an IED in it.

2. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

Yes, but that was a withdrawal eight years after they first became involved and was not fully accomplished until a year after that. And what with numerous countries funding the Mujahideen... it was wasting effort yes, but the Afghan war was still more difficult and took a lot longer than the Russians anticipated. What is it a lot of people have called it? The Soviet Union's "Vietnam"? That is what I was getting at.

True, the situation is not as dire as it was a number of years ago, but the Chechen terrorists are a legitimate threat like you said and that is what I meant in that it is still a huge issue - but I will concede that describing it as a huge issue was reaching. Apparently my post just wasn't that clear, my fault for that.

No disagreements there.

In terms of potential conflicts and the fact that they have severely pissed off a lot of militants with some of their policies and past actions. You said it yourself, right now they can't keep track of Chechen terrorists, and the increasing unrest in several of Russia's territories and former SU countries is a legitimate threat and more violent conflicts very well could become reality in the coming years. The threats to journalists is also real and some of the gov't actions have been a little too shady for my taste in the past few years. They are still trying to move past the immediate post-SU days, and it has been significantly difficult for them, though it does appear to be getting at least somewhat better last I read. Perhaps I should brush up on my research, I'll admit I haven't kept myself exactly up to date on what's going on in Russia in the past few months.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Why not inflatable Dinosaurs??

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should make a blow up auto pilot like in airplane but realistic.

5. Chaos Muffin

^ while piloting the Dinosaurs!

A giant nekked lady would really throw em off.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    a nekked lady doll will also cause a lot of international censorship and crisis :p 

7. Chaos Muffin

All the blood would leave the enemies brains, and go elsewhere.

Then have round blue jets come in and bomb them.

8. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

:lol 

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well a fea months ago, some farmer in russia came across a 100 tanks lost ina forest. And these were rather modern MBTs.