How to blend Movieverse, PRIME and CHUG after TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Can we say "1 toyline"?

Movie toys= Summer 2011.
    Word has it that Prime toyline= October 2011-ish.
    WFC2 will undoubtedly have a couple toys.
    Then there is the venerable CHUG line.

Now, the movieverse will continue for a while- then fade. PRIME will be the main line. But since the 2 are close enough already, just how hard would it be to blend the 2 together into 1 line? Plus, we'll likely have CHUG- maybe even call it "Histories", so that the past toy designs can share the same... Universe?... with the current.

Bammo- 1 toyline: The Transformers

2. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

While it would be nice to see one, solid "The Transformers" toy line again, I doubt that will happen since the franchise is approaching 30 years of history. Hasbro will likely continue their approach of sub-dividing the line in order to issue toys of characters from various continuities and introduce limited-run gimmicks.

Regardless, can people please stop using the CHUG acronym already? If you're going to assign an acronym to Classics and its related lines, you might as well call it CHUGRtSTFU (that's Classics, Henkei, Universe, Reveal the Shield, Transformers United for those who can't tell, though the STFU at the end works nicely in other ways).

3. ang3l3s

ang3l3s Sixshot

+! ,, bah to the chug

4. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

"How to blend Movieverse, PRIME after TF3"
    in a blender.
    leave CHUG alone. CHUG is perfect.

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I laugh at all the "CHUG" usage hate. i just do... CHUG is easy to say that's why it became an acronym. that and its alcoholic references, i guess... do people really get bent out of shape because someone else uses a term you don't like? it's not offensive. if you don't like saying CHUG, don't say it. But if someone else says it and you get bent out of shape, there are worse things in the world going on to get upset about.

6. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I already use some Movieverse in my Chug (Hoist, Lockdown) and I hope to use some Prime in my Chug (Bulkhead), so I don't think it would impact me too much either way*. I mean, Chug is already technically a mish-mash of different lines (hence the acronym) so I figure why stop there. The only line I absolutely will not mix with the rest is Animated. Those molds are too awesome for that.

*although I do like the idea of unified packaging aesthetic on the toy aisle again...

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

qfmft!!

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hugs not chugs.

9. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Aren't we basically already seeing that with the yellow box line?

Seriously, at this point, what is being proposed is ALREADY HAPPENING. While some toys will skew more towards one style than another, in general, Hasbro has "meshed" the perceptions to the point where the only real difference between the mainline and nostalgia line is character selection or vehicle trends.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Classics is just as easy to say as CHUG and it has the added benefit of not sounding completely stupid.

11. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Depends on your definition of stupid.

12. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    "Classics" is an aesthetic. CHUG is a stupid fucking acronym. Seriously, it never makes sense. Why would you ever describe a toy as existing in 4 different toylines anyway? For example: "CHUG Galvatron". How can Universe Galvatron also be a Classics toy and a Generations and a Henkei toy all at once? Is it really that hard to just fucking describe the toy line in question? Yes, I mad.

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, as has been said before, shouldn't it be CHUGURtS by now? United and Reveal the Shield seem to be conveniently ignored. I'll stick will calling it 'Classics' - no need to add extra letters onto the end.

14. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It gets more confusing if you take into account that ROTF Lockdown is a G1 design now.

Ok, how about this? Classics also has the benefit of not being a racial slur.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Seconded.

And I'm also agreeing that it's basically one line right now.

16. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    ...How? Because Lockdown's appearance in Drift is based on the RotF toy? That doesn't automatically mean that the movie figure is now a G1 design, especially when there are still some obvious differences between the two, like the proportions and face. RotF Lockdown is based on the Animated character, shares a lot of aesthetics, but that doesn't make him an Animated toy.

EDIT: Obviously you can still put him with the rest of your toys, didn't mean that you can't do that. But your phrasing makes it sound like he's an actual, official G1 design now.

17. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

An obscure racial slur that I've never heard of before this whole mess, probably because it refers to a group of people not that well known in my country. Which is probably also why the slur doesn't make any sense to me.

Besides, I don't use CHUG to refer to individual figures, that's just stupid. This is how I use CHUG, to quote myself:

Also, I know that the acronym is silly, that's why I use it. I love silly acronyms.

By God, this post went through a lot of re-writes.

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Yes, actually it does mean the movie figure is a G1 design now. They made an original design for G1 Lockdown, but it was rejected because Hasbro told them to use the ROTF design. That's pretty official.

19. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hell, I live in an area with a large Native American population, and I still never heard of it being a slur except for on these boards, in these types of threads.

20. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was actually used in Canada. And it obscure there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.